🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Close Brothers Savings

Options
2»

Comments

• ortolickus
    ortolickus Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 June 2023 at 11:37AM
    Options
    I've just invested 10K with "Close Brothers" - on 9/6/23. I didn't check Trustpilot; I linked straight from MSE as i always do because i trust that MSE would not feature a dubious company in their best rates table.
    Since then I've been confused about how to log on: my confirmation email is from closebrothers.com but the closebrothers.com website doesn't appear to have a log on facility. Google shows a login page under closebrothers.com, but i'm wary of trying to log in via a search engine. Google also shows a website called closesavings.co.uk, but the login link there simply gives "an error has occurred". I've tried emailing closebrothers.com but no reply yet after 4 days.
    Now having seen two pages of negative reviews of "Close Brothers Savings" on Trustpilot i really wish i hadn't entrusted my savings to them - if indeed it is "Close Brothers Savings" with whom i have invested!
    I assume i'm still within some sort of "cooling off period"? How do i go about retrieving my deposit, or am i panicking unnecessarily?
    Any advice or reassurance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't put much store in Trustpilot for financial products
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 13 June 2023 at 12:34PM
    Options
    I've just invested 10K with "Close Brothers" - on 9/6/23. I didn't check Trustpilot; I linked straight from MSE as i always do because i trust that MSE would not feature a dubious company in their best rates table.
    Since then I've been confused about how to log on: my confirmation email is from closebrothers.com but the closebrothers.com website doesn't appear to have a log on facility. Google shows a login page under closebrothers.com, but i'm wary of trying to log in via a search engine. Google also shows a website called closesavings.co.uk, but the login link there simply gives "an error has occurred". I've tried emailing closebrothers.com but no reply yet after 4 days.
    Now having seen two pages of negative reviews of "Close Brothers Savings" on Trustpilot i really wish i hadn't entrusted my savings to them - if indeed it is "Close Brothers Savings" with whom i have invested!
    I assume i'm still within some sort of "cooling off period"? How do i go about retrieving my deposit, or am i panicking unnecessarily?
    Any advice or reassurance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think you're panicking unnecessarily. The commercial site is closebrothers.com and when you select 'I am an individual looking for personal savings', it takes you to closesavings.co.uk. Accessing Close Brothers accounts via MSE links will take you directly to the .co.uk site.

The log-in button there should take you to an online banking page where you type in your customer name and password to log into your account. You'll also need your phone as they send out a One Time Security Code (by text presumeably) for logging in.

What are you using to access online banking ? If the 'log-in' button isn't working for you then I would try a different browser. Seems to work fine on Chrome (Windows 10 PC).
  • ortolickus
    ortolickus Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just tried again (Win10 PC in Firefox) and the link from closebrothers.com took me to closesavings login. This time it worked :-) Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure