Close Brothers Savings

Options
MSE said yesterday they were offering 4.85% on a year bond.  Close Brothers website said 4.8%.  I looked on Trustpilot and something like 90% said dont use them!  I decided last night not to invest and thought and still think I've done the right thing because overnight, MSE has removed Close Brothers.  Close website now says 4.85%.  Trustpilot page to them has been removed and a new one put on with just 2 refs.     Does anyone have anything positive to say about them?

Comments

• Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    I have used Close Brothers several times over the years for their fixed term bonds and never experienced any problems.

I would not hesitate to use Close Brothers again or recommend them to others.
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 2,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why not go with Raisin and Isbank, 1,2,3,4,5 year deals at 5%.

• TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Close Brothers 1 year fix at 4.85% is available through Hargreaves Lansdown Active Savings for anyone who uses that service. HL also offer a 1 year fix at the same rate from Charter Savings Bank, with a minimum deposit of just £1. 
  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just opened an account with Close Brothers... 
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I too have used them several times over the years though not recently. Never had any problems. 
  • andyhicks88
    andyhicks88 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try finding more than a couple of financial insinuations that have good ratings on Trust Pliot!  Why anyone bothers is beyond me when you have genuine experiences of nearly every bank and company either a quick ask or search away on here or similar sites.
  • Old_Slaphead
    Old_Slaphead Posts: 2,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy with CB. Currently have accounts with them  and have used for several years with no problems.
  • SheepLady_2
    SheepLady_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad I waited till after yesterday as rates have gone up again :)
  • Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE said yesterday they were offering 4.85% on a year bond.  Close Brothers website said 4.8%.  I looked on Trustpilot and something like 90% said dont use them!  I decided last night not to invest and thought and still think I've done the right thing because overnight, MSE has removed Close Brothers.  Close website now says 4.85%.  Trustpilot page to them has been removed and a new one put on with just 2 refs.     Does anyone have anything positive to say about them?

Seem to have at least two entries, one at https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.closebrothers.com and another at https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.closesavings.co.uk.

For the first entry, Close Brothers pay for "extra features" and get a score of 4 stars with 75% of five star reviews.  The second entry they don't pay for and get a score of 1.9 stars with just 4% of five star reviews and 91% of one star reviews.  

Some have described Trustnet as a modern-day protection racket. Make of it what you will.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback