Ryanair have scammed me... any help very welcome!

1. My flight time changed.
2. App and website BOTH advised me that I needed to rebook the flight as it was 'cancelled' (turns out the time had just changed, but this wasn't clear)
3. When I logged on to the website there were step by step instructions of what I needed to do to rebook
4. The instructions advised the flight change would be free of charge
5. The instructions DID NOT advise that the change needed to be completed through customer services
6. The new flight was 2 days later and much more expensive but the only one I could get transport to
7. Ryanair then charged me for the new flight... 5 x the amount of the original flight
8. I contacted the call centre within 1 hour of booking to be advised that I was at fault because I should have waited for an email
9. They are refusing to refund me or place me back on my original flight
10. They state that customers 'usually' contact their customer services 1st... surely 'usually' does not give them a get out for their process being misleading at best...feels more like fraudulent! 

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    How much screenshot or other evidence do you have of what was shown to you in steps 2-5?  What initially led you to go on to the app and website, i.e. was there any notification of a change?
  • Hi I went to the app initially to book another flight... 
    The only evidence I have are the changes in flight times... I didn't think to screenshot as I didn't anticipate (lesson learnt) any issue as I was following their instructions
  • ketavista
    ketavista Posts: 5 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Typical of the Airline industry  they think it’s ok to screw up !! They  get paid to do a job then  they should do it !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback