IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCBC Claim Form UKBC DCB Legal - Parking outside of Marked Bay

Comments

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Greenhoff said:
    OK so I am just putting the defence together and have written the below, is there anything else I need to add or indeed am I saying too much and is Para 4 from the template relevant in this case?

1.      The Defendant was visiting the Warwickshire Shopping Park to pick up a prescription from Boots for their Daughter. There are signs at the entrance to the car park that state a 4 Hour Maximum Stay and in smaller writing, refer to conditions on other signs within the carpark. These other notices are sparse and posted above head height with very small writing making them extremely difficult to identify and read. The parking bays themselves are not clearly identified and are apparently marked by darker coloured blocks within the block paving. These are particularly difficult to differentiate during wet and overcast conditions as was the case on the day in question.

As it is a claim from DCB Legal, the PoC are so sparse and incoherent, perhaps you should keep your paragraph a bit shorter with less detail about what you have noticed about their signs "when visiting" that car park. It is a claim for parking outside of a "marked" bay.

My feeble attempt as a suggestion would be:
    The Defendant was visiting the Warwickshire Shopping Park to pick up a prescription from Boots. The parking bays in this car park have no white lines delineating them. They are not clearly identified and, are apparently marked by darker-coloured blocks within the block paving. Evidence will show these are particularly difficult to notice or differentiate during wet and overcast conditions as was the case on the day in question.
    If this ever goes to court (unlikely) you have that picture and I think anything about signage is covered in the rest of the defence template anyway.

• DW190
    DW190 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May 2023 at 3:55PM
    B789 said:
    Greenhoff said:

. The parking bays themselves are not clearly identified and are apparently marked by darker coloured blocks within the block paving. These are particularly difficult to differentiate during wet and overcast conditions as was the case on the day in question.

Why mention them at all?  By mentioning them you have obviously seen them.  The area around where the car was parked has no markings resembling the white bays on the signs that the Claimant is relying on.  This is confirmed on the images provided by the Claimant.
  • B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Good point. Added here:
    The Defendant was visiting the Warwickshire Shopping Park to pick up a prescription from Boots. The parking bays in this car park have no white lines delineating them. They are not clearly identified and, after revisiting the site after receipt of the PCN, the Defendant noticed that apparently the bays are marked by darker-coloured blocks within the block paving. Evidence will show these are particularly difficult to notice or differentiate during wet and overcast conditions as was the case on the day in question. The location where the car was parked has no markings resembling the white line delineated bays as depicted on the signs that the Claimant relies on.  This is confirmed by the images provided by the Claimant.

• Greenhoff
    Greenhoff Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    OK, so my defence has been issued and an email received from CCBC. I was also going to email the defence to DCB Legal and also raise the fact that my mother-in law is grieving the recent loss of her daughter in the hope that they will just discontinue. Should I bother or just leave this for the WS?

Just trying to avoid M-I-L receiving any more correspondence that is going to cause her more stress.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    You don't need to send your defence to the claimant or their solicitors as that will be done by CCBC.  I don't think that grief (as much as we here understand it) will be a factor for the robo-claim, conveyor belt process of the PPC and/or their solicitor.  Once the defence has been submitted to CCBC, then the next correspondence to be received will be the DQ - N180, notice of allocation to the small claims court and then an exchange of witness statements.
  • Greenhoff
    First Post Name Dropper
    Just an update on this one: Letter received from dcblegal, intention to proceed along with their DQ but they might be prepared to settle bless them.

Ignored and filed!
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Greenhoff said:
    Just an update on this one: Letter received from dcblegal, intention to proceed along with their DQ but they might be prepared to settle bless them.

Ignored and filed!
    OH BOY ... as you say .... bless them, and their little cotton socks

TIS the start of their copy and paste drivel which ends with a discontinuation

It's companies like this who make the SRA look like idiots
  • Greenhoff
    First Post Name Dropper
    Greenhoff said:

Ignored and filed!
    OH BOY ... as you say .... bless them, and their little cotton socks

TIS the start of their copy and paste drivel which ends with a discontinuation

It's companies like this who make the SRA look like idiots
    It goes to show, this is for my Mother-In-Law and if it had been up to her and her fella (both in their late 70's), they would have paid up by now! Great to be able to have the confidence gained from this forum to reassure them!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback