Brown bin was swallowed by the bin truck and the council don't want to know

Options
13»

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,695 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's garden waste so we have a compost heap and haven't done too much weeding since then. We;re hoping to move out of London asap (house is on the market) can't wait to get away from this horrid place with cowboy council.....
    From posts on this forum, there are quite a few councils whose behaviour/attitude leaves something to be desired.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • HillStreetBlues
    Options
    I've now exhausted the council's complaints process, The council do not seem to have 'investigated' anything and simply repeat that without a card I cannot get a new bin. My councillor was no help at all. I simply don't believe that the bin trucks have a supply of cards or of they do they do not use them.
    The next stage is the Local Government Ombudsman, and I also plan to submit a FOI request to find out how many of these cards are printed and how many have been returned to the council by residents whose bins have been swallowed.
    Grrrrr.
    Did you do that?, then how about the black bin are reported missing?   and then there's boxes,  how many missed collections?, how much is spend on compensation due to damage collections have caused  etc. :)
    Let's Be Careful Out There
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure