IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC / DCB Legal Defence - Feedback please!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,973 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You don't need to call the court.  There is nothing to clarify.

It's a costs hearing just like the ones I showed you and the post by ParkingMad in one of the links shows you what to do.

Please read the links.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AbbatheHorse
    AbbatheHorse Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You don't need to call the court.  There is nothing to clarify.

It's a costs hearing just like the ones I showed you and the post by ParkingMad in one of the links shows you what to do.

Please read the links.
    Thank you.  I have read all of the links and they are helpful.  But I am still not clear if I need to submit anything in advance to either the court or DCB Legal.  In one of the links, there was a witness statement from the Parking Company specifically regarding the costs hearing, so I just wanted clarity of whether I need to prepare something similar, like in the original case, or whether the skeleton argument that you suggest is for my own personal use on the day?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 5 March at 2:55AM
    Options
    Yes you do have to if you want money.

File & serve the skelly in advance.
  • AbbatheHorse
    AbbatheHorse Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all

So, I spoke to the court and they have advised me that there is no expectation to file and serve any information for the costs hearing (although I can if I want to).

But the interesting news is that DCB Legal have today contacted me to ask if I would consider discussing a settlement outside of court. 

I am now torn!  On one hand, I thought I had a very small chance of being awarded costs, as I would have to convince the judge they have acted unreasonably, and there is nothing particularly unique about my case.  On the other hand, if they are wanting to settle outside of court, does this suggest they are worried and maybe my case is stronger than I thought?

Anyone any advice or opinions on this?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 14 March at 3:10PM
    Options
    I know there's no expectation of requiring either party to file & serve anything for a costs hearing.  But I have advised you very clearly what to do if you don't want this hearing to be a 'he said, she said' utter waste of time.  You are likely to get nothing if you just rock up.

I said more than once:
    Yes you do have to if you want money.
    File & serve the skelly in advance.
    THEN see if DCB Legal make you an offer.

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    Woohoo!  This is what it's about.  :D

WELL DONE!!
    I have agreed to accept an out of court settlement towards my costs from DCB Legal of £150.00, which has been paid to me today.  

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback