IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC / DCB Legal Defence - Feedback please!

Comments

• AbbatheHorse
    AbbatheHorse Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you @Coupon-mad - I have already completed this inquiry at the Witness Statement stage.  Would you recommend me submitting again now that i have further evidence?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 January at 9:24PM
    If it lets you, why not?

Or a close relative in your household with a different email address could do it this time, attaching the discontinuance and suggesting what @troublemaker (a solicitor) says here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80528508/#Comment_80528508

After all, we have evidence that DCB Legal are doing this on an industrial scale.  This plus the boilerplate Particulars and use of old DVLA addresses (where one can conclude that they are actively hunting CCJs) bears all the hallmarks of vexatious litigation IMHO.

We have Umkomaas' thread which represents every single DCBLegal case on here (except for two where Cardiff court has decided to hear the case 'on the papers' so DCB haven't ducked out yet).

When taken together, this is all evidence suggesting focussed abuse of the court system, which is being used as a lucrative 'numbers game' conveyor belt to CCJs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AbbatheHorse
    Name Dropper First Post
    So it's been a little while since I commented on here.  I though this case was dead and buried, however...

I have today heard from DCB Legal who have received a 'Notice of Hearing' for an order of costs under CPR 27.14(2)(g) on 8 April.  DCB Legal have asked me to share with them my application for costs within the next 7 days.

I have not received any such notice from the court, so this has come as a complete surprise to me, so I am hoping this will follow in the next day or two.  If not, I will follow up with the court, as I am not sure what the responsibility is on me.  

I intend to base my case on the fact that UKPC Ltd (via DCB Legal) acted unreasonably.  They provided no reason for the discontinuance, but I will claim that i believe it is because they knew they couldn't win and had no intention of ever pursuing this through the court - just like they have done in many other cases.

I will keep this forum posted on how I get on, but any tips or advice in the meantime would be appreciated.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 February at 10:50PM
    You need a skeleton argument.

Click on their profiles/threads to have a read of the SUCCESSFUL costs hearings threads by:

@JusticeWarrior

@bluetoffee1878

@Eminowa

...and this thread where @ParkingMad showed the skeleton argument used by the last one on that list:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78987277/#Comment_78987277

I have today heard from DCB Legal who have received a 'Notice of Hearing' for an order of costs under CPR 27.14(2)(g) on 8 April.
    Errr... did your court not bother to send you a copy of that Hearing Notice yet?  You don't know the deadlines? Phone the court immediately & complain.
  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    As you didn't receive all correspondence from PPC you may wish to support this.

So many people don't receive 1st and/or 2nd pcn but the £170 payment due letter often manages to drop through letter boxes. PPCs always claim discounted/full rate pcns/court claim letters were sent as dated though they offer no evidence to prove this.

Since they CHOOSE NOT to provide evidence of their posting we must continue to press gov to ensure they do and see it included in the new Parking CoP. Please sign/share @jmccabe petition closes 22nd june 2024.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/652355
    Require communications from Private Parking companies to be traceable/trackable

Thank you and good luck

• AbbatheHorse
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 March at 9:27AM

Errr... did your court not bother to send you a copy of that Hearing Notice yet?  You don't know the deadlines? Phone the court immediately & complain.
    Thank you Coupon-mad.

I have now received the hearing notice.  It arrived with me a couple of days after DCB Legal received it (perhaps they had it by email whereas mine was by post?  Or perhaps our local post is just slower?).

Anyway, I will have a good look through the posts mentioned and try to come up with a skeleton argument.  Is this just for my benefit, or do I need to share this with the court / DCB legal prior to the hearing?  My Notice of Hearing does not provide any instructions or deadlines, it simply tells me the date of the hearing.
  • AbbatheHorse
    Name Dropper First Post
    As you didn't receive all correspondence from PPC you may wish to support this.

So many people don't receive 1st and/or 2nd pcn but the £170 payment due letter often manages to drop through letter boxes. PPCs always claim discounted/full rate pcns/court claim letters were sent as dated though they offer no evidence to prove this.

Since they CHOOSE NOT to provide evidence of their posting we must continue to press gov to ensure they do and see it included in the new Parking CoP. Please sign/share @jmccabe petition closes 22nd june 2024.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/652355
    Require communications from Private Parking companies to be traceable/trackable

Thank you and good luck

Thank you Nellymoser - petition signed.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper

Thank you Coupon-mad.

I have now received the hearing notice.  It arrived with me a couple of days after DCB Legal received it (perhaps they had it by email whereas mine was by post?  Or perhaps our local post is just slower?).

Anyway, I will have a good look through the posts mentioned and try to come up with a skeleton argument.  Is this just for my benefit, or do I need to share this with the court / DCB legal prior to the hearing?  My Notice of Hearing does not provide any instructions or deadlines, it simply tells me the date of the hearing.
    Somewhere on that Notice there surely are some instructions and a deadline concerning submission of documents such as witness statement unless already sent. Skeleton argument is if your case is complicated,  in which case, must be supplied to court and claimant; if only for your use like a crib sheet, it doesn’t need to be sent to anyone.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 1 March at 5:28PM
    You need a skeleton argument.

Click on their profiles/threads to have a read of the SUCCESSFUL costs hearings threads by:

@JusticeWarrior

@bluetoffee1878

@Eminowa

...and this thread where @ParkingMad showed the skeleton argument used by the last one on that list:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78987277/#Comment_78987277

As this is a costs hearing you need to nail it with a skelly in advance, as shown.  Not just take a crib sheet to the hearing.  This needs good preparation to get money.
  • AbbatheHorse
    Name Dropper First Post
    Le_Kirk said:

Somewhere on that Notice there surely are some instructions and a deadline concerning submission of documents such as witness statement unless already sent. Skeleton argument is if your case is complicated,  in which case, must be supplied to court and claimant; if only for your use like a crib sheet, it doesn’t need to be sent to anyone.
    You would think so wouldn't you.  Nope - this is all I got.  Have tried to call the court for info, but no luck getting through.  Will keep trying.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback