employment law.

Options
hi hope someone may be able to help .
firstly i have two jobs this post concerns the second job.
stated this job the end of November if i remember correctly I had a probation period of 3/4 months.
everything was fine I was employed as supervisor, from the beginning, unfortunately the lady i worked with subsequently passed away unexpectedly . the site is a massive site to cover and having two jobs didn't always make it possible to do full cleans everywere but basics were done.
I must point out to get into this site  there is gate security with cctv  that's logging you time in and out  you go into the hut to sign keys out and sign in.
since January staff have been hard to employ it seems however a month ago the firm employed two men [not a problem] I should point out i`m very easy going providing the job is done .
however one person left after  couple of months maybe less` he was always phoning the other guy i`m assuming moaning about me he didn't like being asked to do stuff etc, however the guy I had a bad feeling about he had been a manger for nhs which says it all i`m guessing was emailing the boss again back stabbing [what ever you call it] 
constantly it appears telling tails, [nothing new] he said my cleaning was sub standard hummm short fat man syndrome  obviously  so the job has now gone down hill that fast its untrue, I had a conversation with my manager   that appeared to suggest this guy would be better at the job than me so eventually because of circumstances i said just make him supervisor , i will carry on cleaning , that's were its all gone wrong .
he has the manager wrapped around his little finger 
I should point out  the start time is 6 oclock  I used to start at 4.30 the manager has stated its not a problem and the one area that's dirty  all the time makes sense to clean when there shift isn't around!  
however the man with the problem now in charge [biggest mistake in my life] has now demanded that I start at 5.30am i`m not allowed any keys ! I can only sign at 5.30 and await his arrival. he has also demanded I take holidays.
the manager appears spinless and seems happy to allow it to carry on!  
he also now has insisted on the ladies contact number in the security office think she starts at 6 am.
the little man also said on a couple of occasions that the manger when he comes is checking times  in and out no problem sometimes i put 4.30am and its its 4,40 I have never booked time in that i haven't done. [ also been there way over my time and never booked it ] although the manager did say please put the correct time in, no problem . this guy is clearly taking over big style 
its also been mentioned to me to ask who as been viewing the cctv, under the freedom of information act i can request it . I suspect its him and the manager, is this allowed?
should I request a copy of my signing in and out since January?  check against my pay? [i had issues with obtaining wage slips had to read the riot act via employment law to get it sorted ]
he definitely seems to want me out the door  by any means possible. is this legal?
apologies for long post   any advise or thoughts  [yes there is two sides to every story]
any help would be great 

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,844 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Duplicate thread
    job going down hill — MoneySavingExpert Forum

As someone there has pointed out, as you have less than two years employment this isn't a redundancy situation and you can just be let go with the corect notice without them having to give a reason. 
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would be looking for a new job, and handing in my notice, and getting out of there fast.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family