Lack of Alternative Fuel Payment

Anyone else in my position and fallen through the cracks - I didn’t get the £400 last summer as I’ve had oil central heating for 30+years. I got the Autumn payments of £67 via my electricity account however I’ve unfortunately moved home in January. I’m renting at the minute so have no electricity account but when I tried to claim the £200 (with relevant evidence) was told I’m ineligible. The new occupiers of my house will have received the £400 last summer as they had gas, the £67 from October and apparently the £200 I can’t get even though they’ve not had the oil more than a month!

Comments

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The £400 you refer to was the £66/67 payments, there was not a separate £400.  How many of those did you get, and what is your energy arrangement in your current home?

Unfortunately due to the qualifying date it does look like you don't qualify for the £200, but you have not missed out on more than that (and the new owners of your previous home didn't get an extra £400).
  • I got the £67 til mid-January which is fine. Sorry the summer payment was on Council Tax bands. 
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    BJS1959 said:
    I got the £67 til mid-January which is fine. Sorry the summer payment was on Council Tax bands. 
    There was a £150 payment in May for bands A-D, everyone should have got it regardless of fuel used.
    I don't know what else there could be, unless it was an initiative specific to a local council.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback