Alternative Fuel Payment - praise for EDF (genuinely!)

I qualified for AFP for my oil-fired central heating, payable, as we know, via the electricity supplier.

Because I don't pay by direct debit (I pay on credit card when the quarterly paper bill arrives), I was worried about actually getting the AFP cash from my electricity supplier, EDF. Their latest bill to me showed the £200 AFP as a credit.

However, I don't want the AFP to buy electricity with, but to buy oil with, so I rolled up my sleeves prepared to 'do battle' with EDF to get the £200 transferred to me (somehow!)

Well, call me cynical and jaded about electricity companies (I wonder why!), but EDF were BRILLIANT. I cannot praise them enough. I got through to their call centre (off shore I believe?) and explained the situation and the call-handler simply said 'We'll send you a cheque'.

They did! Arrived about a week later.

I am flabbergasted it was so easy, and they were so good and cooperative, so I really do want to praise them.

In fact, I have only one criticism to make - there is a 'would you like to give us feedback today' option on the call, so I said 'yes' because I wanted to score the call-handler a full 5 stars, but when the feedback option came, and asked me what score I wanted to give, I both said 'Five' out loud AND pressed 5 on my phone, and the auto-voice said 'sorry, we can't process that', and cut me off! 

It did it AGAIN when I phoned the call centre again to say I'd wanted to give a five - they put me back to the feedback and I got the same treatment,.

I am beginning to suspect that maybe whoever runs the call centre for EDF might not want its staff scored hi, or they might earn bonuses?? Or is that just far too suspicious???!!! (Hope so!)

I now feel bad that two very good call handlers ended up quite unappreciated officially by me - and that's not good when they definitely deserved 5 stars...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback