One day at a time

Options

Comments

• Emmel
    Emmel Posts: 122 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Again, I have not posted much as really no change, now almost at month 6 with no payments. Wescot are now sending letters on behalf of TSB offered a reduced settlement cost, but I do not have vast amounts saved so the letters have been shredded
  • Emmel
    Options
    Its been a while since I posted. I have not heard from wescot in months. A few of my debts have now been sold on, so tonight I arrange a monthly payment online. Hopefully they will be accepted without issue. I still have TSB to hear from and Virgin. Weirdly virgins account has been removed from my credit file. 

Would be nice to have payment plans for all accounts set and and left to tick away
  • lillypoo
    lillypoo Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nice to hear from you emmel. I haven't heard from anyone at all since the end of last year. I'm amazed to be honest. But not complaining . Who were yours sold on to?
  • Emmel
    Options
    Cabot Financial and Perch Finance, was very easy to set up online aswell.
  • Emmel
    edited 4 March at 12:45AM
    Options
    My first payments came out this month! I still have 4 accounts with collection agencies, so when they are sold on I shall start making payments to those. I will wait a few months and put in CCA requests, see what comes back for a couple of them. I had planned to do it already but I have had a lot on. My car needed fixing too and it was nice to have the money in my car pot to pay for the repairs. My car is getting a bit old now, but i know what has been done to it, and it is always well maintained to i hope it will last me a fair few miles yet as I definitely do not have the funds for a newer one, and car prices these days are crazy,
  • Emmel
    Options
    Not much to report this week, just plodding away. the calls have totally stopped, however i receive the odd communication from moorcroft but i just ignore those
  • lillypoo
    lillypoo Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do you know roughly how long you might  need to plod for emmel?
  • Emmel
    Options
    lillypoo said:
    Do you know roughly how long you might  need to plod for emmel?
    To be debt free/able to be in a position to offer F&F settlements? Years, i am definitely in this for the long haul
  • Emmel
    Options
    Received a letter from DCA today offering me 30% off if i settle now, debt was/is 10k but unfortunately I don’t have 7k spare, even if I did, I think I would be looking to pay slightly less
  • Emmel
    Options
    Checked my credit report today and see there has been a new agreement added from a company so I assume a debt has been sold on and i shall receive correspondence shortly
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback