Options
2»

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 23 March at 9:48PM
    Options
    OH boy. I'm now on my 12th attempt. I've tried driving license, UK passport, ID card, all in date and all in vain. AI? I don't think so. 
    Any idea how to resolve this anyone?
    You mean trying to photograph them? Can you try on another device? I found it impossible on an iPad but it was easy when I used my phone.
  • VXman
    VXman Posts: 522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 March at 10:02AM
    Options
    I had to redo my ID the other day after losing my phone abroad and registering a new device. the phone I am now (temporarily using) won't run the chase app. I had to use my fire tablet and it failed because the camera on that is appalling. I then used my wife's tablet which is a fairly old Samsung. This failed first time too. I requested for Chase to do a manual check but nothing seemed to happen. I rang Chase and they said delete the app and start again - even though the notice on the tablet said not to do this as this could delay. the customer services person gave me a long list of instructions on how to take my pictures.

However because of the request for a manual check that screen was stuck and I couldn't start a new ID check. So I rang again and this time the customer services guy was ranting about how it won't work on a tablet and how the Chase ID system was 'difficult' 'fussy'. He really didn't want to help. While talking to him the app had reset and was allowing me to do another ID check.

This time I was very careful. I did it in daylight (previously done in the evening) ID against a dark background, photo against a white back ground - and it worked. I used Driving license as my passport is not a great photo and the page is very shiny. Get a lot of reflections.

So, a long process, Chase clearly know it's difficult but if done carefully it does work - even on a 8 year old Samsung Tablet!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback