Calor Gas Underground Tank Corrosion

Options
Hi all. I have been battling with Calor Gas over an underground LPG tank that has failed inspections due to cracks in the yellow coating. I have engineers on site today who reckoned that Calor have 4000 of these tanks that they have to resolve
First question is there anybody else out there trying to resolve this issue with Calor. If so I would like to hear from you.

Comments

• SeaHouse
    Options
    I’ve just moved in to a house and tried to move suppliers. Been told i have the start of cracking so they won’t take on the liability. So I’ll have to work with Calor and pay their extraordinary gas prices. Any advice? Did you find out any more? 
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    @SeaHouse - the OP hasn't been around for weeks
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Forestedge
    Forestedge Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    hi   
    I have the same problem with  Calorgas installed LPG tank by Bagom.   The yellow protective jacket has cracked and it needs replacing. The tank is 14 years old with an expected life expectancy of 30 years.  Current LPG supplier Avanti  want me to fund and organise all the replacement tank ground works. I believe Calorgas has some responsibilty for a faulty tank  but they say they sold the tank to Avanti .  Avanti say as they didnt install the tank its not their responsibility.    Interested to know how you got on with your problem and how many others have experienced the same issue. 
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Forestedge said:  Current LPG supplier Avanti  want me to fund and organise all the replacement tank ground works.
    That isn't going to be cheap - Might pay to look at installing a heat pump and moving off gas altogether. With a £7500 Boiler Upgrade grant, and the relaxation on insulation requirements, it could be a good move.

Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Smmmmmm
    Smmmmmm Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    We also have a faulty tank - surely there should be some liability from the manufacturer or calor - does anyone know if there is anything happening to get the replacement costs covered?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback