A Happy Ryanair Story

So our £55 return flight from Malaga was delayed. The app showed delay updates with a video of a cheery gent apologising for disruption to flights that day due to high winds, which was BEYOND THEIR CONTROL. We eventually boarded 3.5hrs late.
I nearly didn't submit a claim due to it being made clear the delay was due to the weather, however, when we boarded the pilot apologised for the delay, due to a technical problem earlier in the day. Hmmm.
Anyway, I thought I'd give a claim a go. After some fun with Ryanair's inexplicable IBAN requirements (enter your actual IBAN number into a different website, who will turn it into a number Ryanair's form will actually recognise) I submitted the form on a Tuesday.
A week later I have had an automated message from Ryanair telling me they're going to pay £363.48 into my bank account within 10 days. I am pleasantly astounded.
The moral of the story being if in doubt, pop a claim in. 

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Locket_2 said:
    A week later I have had an automated message from Ryanair telling me they're going to pay £363.48 into my bank account within 10 days. I am pleasantly astounded.
    At the risk of bursting your bubble, don't count your chickens before they're hatched, i.e. celebrate and praise once the money has actually hit your bank account!
  • Locket_2
    Locket_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ah really? You think there's a chance they won't pay up despite putting it in writing that they will?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback