Alternative Fuel Payment - receipt dates

I put in an application using the government portal and have just received a reply from East Devon County Council saying they required more information - OK but it also said to supply invoice/purchases dated from September 2022 to March 2023 - does that mean that we only have until the end of March if we want to buy more oil (I paid for my last lot on 31st August - sigh) and thought I had until May when the portal closed to buy some more - but now not sure - it doesn't give a closing date on the gov website - does anyone know what the situation is?

Comments

• cazza0104
    cazza0104 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I would buy more now just to be sure!
  • propertyrental
    propertyrental Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If your tank will take it I'd buy now.

Prices have come down anyway and who knows? They might go up again.....
  • infoadict
    infoadict Posts: 81 Forumite
    Having read this, I just rang the government help line and they confirm that receipts can de dated anytime from September 22 up to 31st May 23
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    .....also worth noting that there are reports on another thread of folk who have applied with receipts dated before September 22 that have just been paid.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,377 Forumite
    I guess those show it's a consistent need rather than an optional supplementary fuel.
  • I'm puzzled why anyone is accepting jumping through these hoops.
    I contacted my MP to tell him British Gas had applied the credit to my electricity account and when I said I did not want that as I had an oil delivery imminent that I needed to pay for, they refused to credit the £200 to my bank account.
    Within a couple of days the money was in my bank account - my MP took action immediately.
    I'm not messing around with receipts - its a bit like innocent til proven guilty - if anyone wants to tell me I need to prove I'm eligible let them prove I'm not!!
    I'm fed up with all the work being passed back, stop playing their games.
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 March 2023 at 12:29AM
    mmmmikey said:
    .....also worth noting that there are reports on another thread of folk who have applied with receipts dated before September 22 that have just been paid.
    I guess those show it's a consistent need rather than an optional supplementary fuel.
    I fill up annually & submitted my receipts for 1100+ litres dated 2021 & 2022 (pre September 22) and received the £200 payment/email today.
     The vast majority of the postcode is rural & off gas grid and my receipts clearly evidenced Oil as my main heating source.
    I understand the application & payment is assessed by the local council so I hope local knowledge & common sense prevails nationwide.
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • I'm puzzled why anyone is accepting jumping through these hoops.
    I contacted my MP to tell him British Gas had applied the credit to my electricity account …
    I'm not messing around with receipts - its a bit like innocent til proven guilty - if anyone wants to tell me I need to prove I'm eligible let them prove I'm not!!
    Receipts are for the manual application process, not the automatic payments.
  • FLady
    FLady Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Thanks for all these replies - since some people above said they knew that earlier receipts had been accepted _ i thought I would just submit my credit card receipt showing a pay date of 30th August along with the invoice and 1 hour later I got back an email saying "application had been sent for payment"  which I think means success !!
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    FLady said:
    Thanks for all these replies - since some people above said they knew that earlier receipts had been accepted _ i thought I would just submit my credit card receipt showing a pay date of 30th August along with the invoice and 1 hour later I got back an email saying "application had been sent for payment"  which I think means success !!

That's great - thanks for the update :):):)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback