We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Wotcha £99

Hi all, I'm pretty new to this but me and my partner signed up for the Wowcha £99 holiday (£99 each), we read the description which told us we would gets flights and hotel inclued.

We received our holiday and our were quite late for departure and early for returning but we didn't mind as it was only £99.

They contacted us to try and ask if we wanted to move our flights to give us more of a holiday but they wanted to charge us extra. As we were happy with what we got we declined told the operator that we didn't want them, we found it quite hard to understand him and he mentioned about paying later. We were not sure what he was talking about but just polity continued the conversation.

We just received an email saying we have an extra bill of over £100 to pay in August for breakfast and flights.

When calling them up and explaining the mistake they refused to refund us and because quite hostile.

I was wondering what people's advice would be for our next step?

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 100 Posts
    The reviews suggest this is what happens to everyone, if you paid by credit card, I suggest you call your bank and ask for a chargeback as you have not been given what you bought. Others appear to have success doing this as Weekend Breaks appear to refuse all refunds. The fact that you are being asked to pay for supposedly included flights suggests this is a complete con. It appears the call centre is in India!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.