IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Popla appeal

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, as I said in March:
    However this (below) is a possible POPLA-winning point because the BPA CoP requires extra signs for new sites:
    "this car park was free all these years until recently".

If they want to give POPLA a go, the appellant will need some pretty damning photos or a video showing a lack of obvious signs.  No close ups!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Subroto
    Subroto Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been reading some threads from 2017 about successful appeals made to POPLA on grounds of being served NTKs by Britannia Parking which were non-compliant with POFA 2012. I am not sure if  Britannia Parking have modified their NTKs to make it compliant with POFA 2012. My NTK clearly states " You are advised that if after 28 days from the date given, the parking charge has not been paid and we do not know both the name and address of the driver, we have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you as vehicle's  keeper. This notice is given to you under paragraph 9(2) of Schedule 4 of the POFA act 2012, and is subject to our compliance with the applicable conditions under Schedule 4 of the Act." Does this mean that the NTK is POFA compliant after all?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 March at 6:32PM
    Options
    But there's a recent thread of pics of NTKs linked in the NEWBIES thread.  It's already got Britannia pictures for you to see.

Don't read old threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure