We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lowells

Options

Comments

• Vaughfitz
    Vaughfitz Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I sent the letter from the sites template 
  • Vaughfitz
    Options
    I also have my state pension starting in September so hopefully it will not re - set as that would be so bad for me trying to pay out extra outgoing 
  • Vaughfitz
    edited 2 May 2023 at 4:37PM
    Options

I have received a letter from Lowell saying they have requested documents from former GECapitol card account in response to my CCA request

Saying they have asked them to provide and aim to get back in 12,working days

If they have not heard back within 40 days from GECapitol they will send me an update

That's is much Longer than the initial 12 days is this correct please

Thank you

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,171 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 May 2023 at 9:08PM
    Options

As per your other post, its fine, the 12 days are just guidelines, Lowell have to request documents from the original creditor, and it always takes time.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • BadDebtor
    BadDebtor Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Makes me think my "never engage" is the best strategy if one has no assets or means to pay, even if they take legal action if you have nothing they get nothing.
  • sourcrates
    Options
    BadDebtor said:
    Makes me think my "never engage" is the best strategy if one has no assets or means to pay, even if they take legal action if you have nothing they get nothing.
    If you`re unemployed, live with mum and dad, don`t have any assets and no savings, then I might agree with you.

Thing is most people have something they wouldn`t want to lose, so that strategy isn't for everyone.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Vaughfitz
    Options
    I can came onto  this website as it’s so very helpful to anyone who needs help with many subjects
    Comments and replies to my problem now have me wondering if I have done the right thing I applied a statute barred letter which unfortunately still has one year left on it, then I sent the CCA which I’m hoping the credit trail will not be found as it is 15  plus years old 
    if however it is found and the new buyer of my debt Lowell say so, are they able to take court action?  even though it has been bought and sold often with no other doing so
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Vaughfitz said:
    I can came onto  this website as it’s so very helpful to anyone who needs help with many subjects
    Comments and replies to my problem now have me wondering if I have done the right thing I applied a statute barred letter which unfortunately still has one year left on it, then I sent the CCA which I’m hoping the credit trail will not be found as it is 15  plus years old 
    if however it is found and the new buyer of my debt Lowell say so, are they able to take court action?  even though it has been bought and sold often with no other doing so
    Short answer is yes, but only as a last resort.

It doesn`t matter how many times a debt is bought or sold, the new buyer inherits all rights and privileges of the original creditor.

The real question is can they provide evidence of your liability for the debt, which is what you have asked them to do, without the legal niceties of such paperwork, no legal action will be successful, as the lack of such evidence would form your defence.

Lets suppose Lowell can`t provide what you have asked for, that being the case, the debt would be dead in the water basically, and they would likely just give up on it.

If they do provide it, then its enforceable, and all options are open again, you would need to decide on a plan going forward.
    Continuing to ignore them under those circumstances, would likely result in a court claim.
  • Vaughfitz
    Options
    Hi I have today received three letters with regards CCA on three debts which Lowell bought
    these are the second set of replied the first saying they had requested credit agreements and would let me know  the ones today are an update saying they are still awaiting credit agreement 
    I sent CCA to them end of April I’m wondering if there is a time limit they have? Thank you for any advice 

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    No, there's no time limit - those debts just stay unenforceable until they can comply
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure