We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

CCJ help

Options
Can someone please clarify something for me? I took a former employer to court over unpaid wages (I am a self employed electrician) and unfortunately lost because I basically couldn't prove the work had taken place. Anyway, I now have a CCJ on my credit file. Is this correct? I didn't realise I would have one if I was the one making the claim. Is this something I can dispute? 

Thanks in advance,
James.

Comments

• MorningcoffeeIV
    MorningcoffeeIV Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 March 2023 at 11:11AM
    Options
    Find out what the CCJ is for.

Someone made and won a claim against you.
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did they counter claim?
  • Manchesterlad87
    Options
    It doesn't say on my credit report what it is for but it is the same time as this claim.

They didn't counter claim no. I just paid the court fees.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,374 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Check with the court, looks as though an error has occurred, a judgement should only appear on your file if someone takes action against you, and you lose.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    What's the value of the CCJ in comparison to what you were claiming? Are the figures the same?

As above - you need to contact the court to find out who the claimant was, to see if it's related to your action, and is an error that needs correcting, or whether someone unrelated took out a CCJ against you at a similar time that's been awarded in your absence without the relevant paperwork being completed by you. 
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Manchesterlad87
    Options
    Late response on this one.

I've only just managed to speak to the right person at the court. Absolute nightmare to be honest.

The bloke informed me that if any judgement gets ruled against me then a ccj will be on my file. Is this definitely the case or do I have any other course of action?

Thanks.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,374 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 March 2023 at 1:46PM
    Options
    Late response on this one.

I've only just managed to speak to the right person at the court. Absolute nightmare to be honest.

The bloke informed me that if any judgement gets ruled against me then a ccj will be on my file. Is this definitely the case or do I have any other course of action?

Thanks.
    Never heard such utter twaddle in all my life, if you lose your case, you, as the claimant, do not get a judgement awarded against you.

You may get costs awarded against you, as you have failed to prove your case, but no way a CCJ should be on your file.

You probably need a solicitor to look at this.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback