More delay from Government on paying the £200 Heating Oil allowance

Options
Now you have to go to a new portal (I’m new so
I cannot provide a link here)  to provide evidence of being a heating oil user and other details.  Then a central body - BEIS - analyses your claim. They then pass on your claim to your local council.  The council then takes up to 6 weeks to pay the allowance into your nominated bank account.  

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now you have to go to a new portal (I’m new so
    I cannot provide a link here)  to provide evidence of being a heating oil user and other details. 
    Not quite.
    If you fail the range of filters that can identify you as an AF user, you must go to the portal.  That hasn't changed since details were announced.    If you are on the available identifiers then you don't have to and payment is automatic.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • startsavingnow
    Options
    It appears my house location fails due a relatively high number of On Grid (Gas) properties nearby.  There is a  website (nonGasmap) that shows percentage of users.  
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It appears my house location fails due a relatively high number of On Grid (Gas) properties nearby.  There is a  website (nonGasmap) that shows percentage of users.  
    If any part of a postcode is on the grid then that postcode was automatically excluded, as the starting point was XoServe's list of postcodes off the gas grid.
  • simoncorkswill1
    Options
    Marvellous , family has three oils boilers none have got auto payment and one last had a delivery to run through the winter which fails the date test and has yet to need more so even though that qualified on value end of last August it’s punished for being frugal . 
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Marvellous , family has three oils boilers none have got auto payment and one last had a delivery to run through the winter which fails the date test and has yet to need more so even though that qualified on value end of last August it’s punished for being frugal . 
    How is it being frugal?  
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dunstonh said:
    How is it being frugal?  
    Sounds like sensible buying & financial planning. Something my financial advisor recommends.

If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    kar999 said:
    dunstonh said:
    How is it being frugal?  
    Sounds like sensible buying & financial planning. Something my financial advisor recommends.

Indeed. That is a good example of why low summer pricing is a myth.
    Currency and China are the major influences nowadays and neither is seasonal.
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Those of us stuck in the discriminatory pre-Sep shambles might want to reply to the latest tweet from The Department of Energy to see if they are still really listening.....

If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback