I pay £8 a month sim only for 02 contract, does it just continue after contract?

IAMIAM
IAMIAM Posts: 1,194
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
I am presuming the things I have (30 GB, and unlimited texts and mins) will continue and the price just rises yearly with RPI?
12 month sim only expires 1st May, so if I just keep things as they are, will they stay as they are?

Comments

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,440
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 5 March 2023 at 12:26PM
    The service will continue until either you or O2 give notice that you/they wish to end the contract.
  • IAMIAM
    Forumite
    The service will continue until either you or O2 give notice that you/they wish to end the contract.
    and the price remain as £8 per month with just yearly rpi increases?
  • Poquito
    Poquito Posts: 36
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Check your terms carefully to ensure the price you are paying isn’t ‘discounted’. When I chose sim only on Voda for 2 years after the duration expired they started to auto charge me £70/ month for the same data plan I had been paying £24 for each month. They claimed it was discounted to £24 and that £70 was the usual monthly value… so just make sure your tariff isn’t discounted as it doesn’t always continue at the same value after the duration has expired.
  • IAMIAM
    Forumite
    edited 5 March 2023 at 2:19PM
    Hi. Thanks. Checked and it says £8 a month no discount expires 1st May 2023, but there still has to have RPI added on soon to £9.38, so I presume it is still going to be the cheapest option for me for the next 12 months compared to current deals on uswitch from the big mobile players
  • Poquito
    Poquito Posts: 36
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    That’s good. I always upgrade/sim only via Carphone warehouse. They are on Quidco so you get cashback. Sometimes (especially around Black Friday) they have their own cashback… £25 cheque… so you double up on cashback… and get a good value sim/ upgrade.
  • BUFF
    BUFF Posts: 2,185
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    IAMIAM said:
    Hi. Thanks. Checked and it says £8 a month no discount expires 1st May 2023, but there still has to have RPI added on soon to £9.38, so I presume it is still going to be the cheapest option for me for the next 12 months compared to current deals on uswitch from the big mobile players
    Keep an eye out for offers after your expiry date - you may be able to reset back to a lower price than your current £8+RPI as that is what I did last year.
  • BUFF said:
    IAMIAM said:
    Keep an eye out for offers after your expiry date - you may be able to reset back to a lower price than your current £8+RPI as that is what I did last year.
    This, I spotted (and grabbed) an O2 tariff change offered last year, same money and contract end date but extra 10GB/mth).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback