alternative fuel

Options
hello I am with British gas and use oil fuel they have received my 200 pounds alt fuel payment. I am in credit already by 153 pounds and pay by DD 100 pounds a month which is adequate obviously for me as a single person
 I have asked when they are goung to put it in my bank but they say they don't have to? is this correct 

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    jackycart said:
    hello I am with British gas and use oil fuel they have received my 200 pounds alt fuel payment. I am in credit already by 153 pounds and pay by DD 100 pounds a month which is adequate obviously for me as a single person
     I have asked when they are goung to put it in my bank but they say they don't have to? is this correct 
    Yes, they do not have to. If you want a rebate to your bank account you will need to submit a meter reading to them, ask them to generate a bill and then if you are still in credit you can request a refund of a proportion of that credit. 
  • jackycart
    Options
    thank you I have spoken to a lady with Scottish Power and they just put the money in her bank account. I was asked for a meter reading last week did this paid the bill still 153 in credit before the 200 pounds went in think they hanging on to as much as they can just bought oil 380 pounds so would have been handy to get back and help pay towards what it was intended for. I've reduced my D Debit to 10 pounds from 100 so will take 2 months before I can benefit from it. How much interest BGas making out of all this I can't be the only one !

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback