Virgin/O2

whitesatin
whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
Forgive me if this isn’t on the right forum.

A few weeks ago Virgin contacted us and offered us a better broadband/home phone/ tv deal and advised we go with O2 with phone - SIM only.  I had been paying £7 pm for my phone but this went up to £10 with the change.  Our broadband etc. went down a bit.  Now O2 seem to be putting the mobile charges up by RPI plus 3.9% I think.   Do I have any choice as ‘Ive only recently signed up to this?

Comments

• savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If it has been a few weeks then it is very unlikely you can do anything about it. Mobile and cable providers have been writing price increases into contracts for the last two years or so, I would imagine it is pretty watertight. There might be a possibility you can cancel within your cooling off period if you ordered your new service over the phone or online. but that is likely to have lapsed. Price increases have been talked about for several weeks now so did you have a good reason to believe they wouldn't apply to you?
    Had you not agreed to the new deal they offered you a few weeks ago you would now be free to leave.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The cutoff date for not getting stung with the increase is around the 28th March so it's unlikely that you can avoid it. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback