Manual application date put back for Alternative Fuels Payment.

Options
I noticed today that the information has changed on the .Govt webpage covering the £200 AFP

https://www.gov.uk/get-help-energy-bills/alternative-fuels

Not sure when it changed, but it previously said that f you weren't getting the automatic payment then manual applications would open towards the end of February.

For those of us who are having to apply manually, lets hope there are no further delays   :s

Comments

• dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi @lohr500 ...

lohr500 said:
    I noticed today that the information has changed on the .Govt webpage covering the £200 AFP

Not sure when it changed, but it previously said that f you weren't getting the automatic payment then manual applications would open towards the end of February.

For those of us who are having to apply manually, lets hope there are no further delays   :s
    I don't know that there's a delay as such, people (including me) were quoting a portal being opened at the end of Feb / beginning of March which has become early March. No precision :/
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    lohr500 said:

I'm not sure if you were thinking of the EBSS-AF (the manual £400) application? which was supposed to open "no later than the 26th/27th Feb", I can't remember which date.

Suppliers have until the end of the 28th to pay the vast majority of AFPs, so it makes sense that manual applications cannot open before that.
  • lohr500
    lohr500 Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, I'm definitely talking about the £200 payment. The wording has changed on the link I pasted. I have been checking the page on an almost daily basis in the hope that a link would be provided for manual applications once available.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    Fair enough.  I would venture that they were wrong to say end of Feb in the first place then, for the reason mentioned above.
  • Mstty
    Mstty Posts: 4,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hopefully it's something like send a bill in for an alternate Fuel purchase in the past 12 months rather than getting the local council involved.

Does anyone know for sure
  • lohr500
    lohr500 Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @Mstty, I also hope it is something simple although I guess there will need to be some checks to avoid fraud.

A past oil bill from the last 12 months showing the same address details as an electricity bill would be OK by me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback