Trouble with Vinted

Options
I sold a few clothes on Vinted and I tried to withdraw the money from my Vinted balance to my bank account. My bank didn’t accept the money as they don’t allow transfers in from international banks, which Vinteds payment method came from. My bank issued me with the reference ID for the funds to prove to Vinted that it was returned to them. But I am having trouble with Vinted because they are still not giving me back the money and they won’t give me any support or acknowledgment of the fact that I have provided proof.

it’s infuriating as I have no idea how I can get the issue resolved as they dismiss my attempts and simply sent me a message saying that they attempted to transfer the funds, despite the fact the bank refused the funds and reverted them. 

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get help and hopefully get my money ?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What bank do you use? There has been some mentions on the forums about some more obscure banks who don’t have full banking facilities having issues with Vinted , but nothing mainstream. My money successfully withdraws to Metro bank .

Do you have a second bank you can try if they will allow you to reset your bank details? 

Vinted are notoriously difficult to engage in any meaningful communication, the fact they are based in Lithuania doesn’t help, but you can keep reporting an issue but you will need to be very persistent. If I recall correctly the last person I saw that started a thread about this use on the Vinted boards actually gave up, used her Vinted balance to buy something, then said she would stop selling. Hopefully though a change of bank, if possible, might just work. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’d had success in withdrawing to my bank. But recently changed to Kroo bank and thought I’d try withdrawing into it and this failed …. I will no doubt change back for future withdrawals to the old bank .. but meanwhile I’m still missing This latest attempt to withdraw.. and I am not getting anyone to acknowledge the fact the money was reverted back to vinted as they haven’t credited it back to me … i don’t know how I can complain or get the issue resolved as customer service just keep saying “ the withdraw looks attempted and sent “ .. not acknowledging it was refused 
  • kpik14
    Options
    I’ve had this same issue, opened a Kroo account and thought I’d use it to save earnings from Vinted, not realising they don’t accept IBAN payments. I got an almost immediate pop up notification from Kroo that a payment had been attempted but was unsuccessful but the money has not reappeared in Vinted. Vinted help says it takes up to 14 days to be returned, I tried the withdrawal on 15th Feb so even only counting Mon-Fri as working days it’s now been 14 and there’s nothing. I will let you know if I have any success. How did you get the reference ID from Kroo? I contacted them 6 days ago but have heard nothing back. 
  • Adly812
    Options
    I still haven’t received my withdrawal funds yet from Vinted. It was made on the 4/02. Vinted are being impossible! They provided me with this useless information which only proves they sent the funds, but didn’t acknowledge that Kroo had returned them. So in their case they are saying it was a successful transaction as they sent them. 

I asked Kroo for the payment return ID which they sent via chat. I gave it to Vinted to prove that Kroo have returned the attempted withdrawal back to them. But I still have not received it.

im losing my mind over this matter as it’s so unjustified and wrong. Vinteds support suggests 14 days to return it to your balance, but it obviously is not the case as they are withholding my funds.

arghhhhh

so frustrating to have happen. Was your withdrawal a large amount?
    let me know if you have any luck with your withdrawal process 
  • kpik14
    kpik14 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Success! I have had my funds returned today. It was only £13 but on principle I didn’t want to lose it. 
    On 7th March I was told I’d need to wait another 24 hours… yesterday I contacted them again, provided a copy of my bank statement and the payment reference ID from Kroo. I queried why, if I had an instant notification from Kroo of the payment failure, Vinted were withholding my money. Vinted said they’d look into it and when I asked how long that would take they said they couldn’t say… Today they messaged to say the funds were rejected from their end and they’d returned the balance. 
    Glad to have my money returned but it took way too long.
  • Adly812
    Options
    Phew what a relief for you, it sounds like your experience was bad, but thankfully not as bad as mine. I was waiting over one month and i was dismissed so many times.
    yesterday I got the notification that it has been returned to my Vinted balance. Such a simple thing that they made so difficult. Vinted are great until something goes wrong then it’s the worst experience trying to seek help.

anyways I have changed my bank account and hopefully the next withdrawal I have made will go through okay.
  • TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I suspect the issue is that Vinted don't have an automated process in place to deal with returned bank payments so they have to do it manually.
    Plus you have 2 banks and a 'client account' which can take a while to sort even assuming everyone is on the ball.
    For other viewers of this thread, it's probably best to give vinted as much information as possible when raising a query from the start to help them pick out your money from a giant spreadsheet.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • CFRendell
    Options

I can see there have been numerous messages from fellow customers who have had issues withdrawing funds from their Vinted account in to their bank account. 

I am now unfortunately one of those customers.  Having placed two withdrawals, one in August 2023 and one in January 2024, my bank refused these transactions and sent the money back to Vinted.

Since then, it has been extremely painful to try and explain this to Vinted Customer Support.  I have attempted 5 separate cases with Vinted Support and all cases just end up being closed by the support team as "resolved" and I still don't have my money.  The only way to contact anyone is via their internal messaging service.  Unfortunately, most of the responses from Customer Support quote their standard processes and my withdrawal issue is not covered by their standard processes.  They have requested evidence from me that the money was rejected by my bank and credited back to Vinted.  I have provided letters from my bank, SWIFT payment confirmations from my bank, and my bank statements and they still don't follow this up.  I have real concerns regarding their banking processes and they will be able to see the money coming back in to their account but having done more research, they outsource their payment service to MangoPay and I'm assuming communication between the 2 businesses is no existent.

I emailed Adam Jay, their CEO, and I was surprised enough to receive a response on two occasions from him saying he will get his team to look in to this and they will come back to me.  When I chased this up, I got a very arrogant "be patient" response. Despite chasing up Adam, he has now gone silent and is ignoring me.  Last email to him was on 21st January 2024.

I am really unsure where to go next as there are no other communication channels directly with Vinted that I can raise this with.  Following further research, it appears the fact they are a Lithuanian registered Company that this may prove more difficult to get a result.  If anyone has any advice or guidance on what to do next, or has been successful in a similar issue, i'd love to hear from you.  Currently exploring small claims court process and raising a complaint with the UK International Consumer Centre.  Any help, advice or guidance would be helpful.

• schoolsoutforsummer
    Options
    Hi, 
    I'm having the same issue, I have shown the faster payment reference IDs back from the bank (I had two withdrawals over two days) and support are saying they can't help and literally said 'unfortunately this has to be our final decision' and now won't respond to me. How can they do this? I also used Kroo. It's £80 and I really can't afford to lose that kind of money, and why should I on principle? Can anyone advise. Did you all get your money back eventually? Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback