We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Unable to access British Gas account online

Options
Since BG updated it's system in November, I have been unable to access my online account. Despite using various browsers the message is always the same:

Hmmmmmmmmmm can't reach this page.

The app is also not working. I have rung BG today as I received an email asking me to submit a meter reading, despite having a smart meter. The advisor told me that the details take up to 90 days to switch over to their new system. I gave her a meter reading, and it transpired that my electricity account is £600 in debit! 

She also told me that the App no longer works with the new system. I was advised to try alternative browsers, which I've done without any success.

Anyone else having the same issue with access?

Comments

• oxroxx
    oxroxx Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I can log in to my account but can't see up to date information. 
    I also had an email asking for meter reading even though we have a smart meter.
    Think they've made a mess of everything.
  • paulslinger
    Options
    BG are an absolute joke.
    I contacted them as I have been unable to view my usage and costs since they switched systems on 9th December. The chat agent told me BG was not legally obliged to provide this information but they did hope at some point to make it available at some point in the future. I stated how important this was to help consumers track usage and costs on a regular basis and moving to a system that did not provide this seemed a strange move.
    I asked to raise a complaint, which he advised he had done and then said it was immediately closed.
    If this is their idea of customer service they are certainly not a company I want to be dealing with.
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you're not happy with the service you're getting, take your business elsewhere. Prices are the same for all suppliers if you're on the SVT.
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure