We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Zara refusing to refund lost return

Options
Hi, I would appreciate some advice. 
I sent a parcel back to Zara with over £300 worth of unwanted clothes.
I used the label provided by Zara and dropped it off at an Evri parcel shop and was given a receipt. 
Zara are refusing to refund me as they say they have not received the parcel back at their warehouse. 
I paid via PayPal who say they can’t help as there was no problems with the actual items. 
I have tracked the parcel and it seems it has been lost in transit. 
But I’ve always been under the assumption that it is now between Zara and Evri to resolve this and my refund should be issued as I have proof of the drop off. 
They haven’t even asked to see the receipt yet and have just refused point blank to refund me in a “computer says no” situation. 
I have sent an email to head office with a full breakdown of events and the drop off receipt. 
If they still refuse what are my rights and what should my next step be. I refuse to not be refunded for items I sent back. 
Thank you in advance for you advice.  

Comments

• Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you have proof that the item was sent using a service they provided and paid for then the risk is theirs. You have a right to a refund.

Give their head office a reasonable time to look into it and reply (maybe with one polite reminder). If that fails then send a letter before action followed, if necessary, by court action.
  • SJgirl84
    Options
    Ok will do

• SJgirl84
    Options
    A “senior manager” called me from Zara refusing to refund as the warehouse has not received my items. They did not care that I have proof of return using the label they provided and were unwilling to help any further saying a final decision had been made. 
    I’m totally shocked and appalled by this and am currently over £300 out of pocket. 
    I am not willing to just accept this and would really appreciate some help on what I should do next to recover my money. 
    Thank you 
  • screech_78
    Options
    SJgirl84 said:
    A “senior manager” called me from Zara refusing to refund as the warehouse has not received my  items. They did not care that I have proof of return using the label they provided and were unwilling to help any further saying a final decision had been made. 
    I’m totally shocked and appalled by this and am currently over £300 out of pocket. 
    I am not willing to just accept this and would really appreciate some help on what I should do next to recover my money. 
    Thank you 
    Undervalued gave the correct advice previously. 

It’s a letter before action and small claims now. 
  • SJgirl84
    Options
    Ok thanks. Never had to do this before so wanted to know if I needed more detail on anything.
     So as long as I have my proof of return I should get my refund? 
    any ideas what department I should be sending the letter before action to?
  • Hello,

I have a similar problem, I returned multiple items from several orders in one return (which is allowed as per their returns policy) on the 30th January through the inpost locker system, the tracking shows that it was delivered to the ZARA warehouse on the 1st February, however, no refund has been given.

I keep calling the customer service line to be told they have escalated it to an internal investigation and they will contact me within 24 to 48 hours ... no surprise they never do. Therefore, I keep calling back again and am told they can see it has been delivered but the warehouse are saying no items have been received. I asked to speak to a manager who called me back yesterday and was extremely rude just stating that no refund will be given as no items were received despite me having the tracking number and proof of delivery. 

The zara returns policy states "Notwithstanding this, we may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the items back, or until you have supplied sufficient evidence of having sent back the items, whichever is the earliest." ... When I read this to the "manager" he just stated they have the right to refuse a refund as per their terms and conditions and no further conversation would be happening on this matter. I tried to raise a complaint and was told "your feedback would be taken on board", I asked to speak to someone higher in order to raise a complaint and was directed to their whatsapp chat which also would not allow me to raise a complaint.

I contacted INPOST who provided a letter confirming the data and time that the parcel was stored as well as the date, time and location of the parcel being delivered to the zara warehouse, when I called the customer service line I was told to send this on whatsapp, I tried whatsapp and was just told by an automated message that someone will contact me within 24 to 48 hours. I have been receiving this message for 2-3 weeks now and it appears no-one at zara is able to help. 

I have provided the tracking number as well as the confirmation e-mail from inpost which I believe to be supplying "sufficient evidence of having sent back the items", and I am at a loss as to how else to prove the items were sent back.

It is over £200 of returns, I believe they are unlawfully holding back the refund and refusing to look at the evidence of the return.

I paid through KLANA who are unable to help at the moment as ZARA are saying the same to them 

Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated or any contact details of how to take this higher. 
  • Hello,

I returned multiple items from several orders in one return (which is allowed as per their returns policy) on the 30th January through the inpost locker system, the tracking shows that it was delivered to the ZARA warehouse on the 1st February, however, no refund has been given.

I keep calling the customer service line to be told they have escalated it to an internal investigation and they will contact me within 24 to 48 hours ... no surprise they never do. Therefore, I keep calling back again and am told they can see it has been delivered but the warehouse are saying no items have been received. I asked to speak to a manager who called me back yesterday and was extremely rude just stating that no refund will be given as no items were received despite me having the tracking number and proof of delivery. 

The zara returns policy states "Notwithstanding this, we may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the items back, or until you have supplied sufficient evidence of having sent back the items, whichever is the earliest." ... When I read this to the "manager" he just stated they have the right to refuse a refund as per their terms and conditions and no further conversation would be happening on this matter. I tried to raise a complaint and was told "your feedback would be taken on board", I asked to speak to someone higher in order to raise a complaint and was directed to their whatsapp chat which also would not allow me to raise a complaint.

I contacted INPOST who provided a letter confirming the data and time that the parcel was stored as well as the date, time and location of the parcel being delivered to the zara warehouse, when I called the customer service line I was told to send this on whatsapp, I tried whatsapp and was just told by an automated message that someone will contact me within 24 to 48 hours. I have been receiving this message for 2-3 weeks now and it appears no-one at zara is able to help. 

I have provided the tracking number as well as the confirmation e-mail from inpost which I believe to be supplying "sufficient evidence of having sent back the items", and I am at a loss as to how else to prove the items were sent back.

It is over £200 of returns, I believe they are unlawfully holding back the refund and refusing to look at the evidence of the return.

I paid through KLANA who are unable to help at the moment as ZARA are saying the same to them 

Any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated or any contact details of how to take this higher. 
  • MorningcoffeeIV
    Options
    Go via their social channels listed under customer care.
  • SJgirl84
    Options
    It’s just unbelievable that they are refusing to refund customers that have proof of return. 
    I had the same interaction with a “senior customer service agent” over the phone and was shocked at how robotic and unhelpful they were. 
    I am going to send a letter before action and then do a small claim online. But we shouldn’t be forced to do all of this to get our refund. For such a big company I am shocked at how this is playing out. 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they paid for the return label it is up to them to claim the cost back from the courier if it is lost. You didn't pay InPost, they did.
    Unfortunately I don't think you will get them to understand that.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback