Water meter broken and replaced
We've just received a card through the door telling us that the water meter has been replaced. Under 'Final reading' for the old meter is an X. It turns out that when they tried to read the meter this year they found it was dead and arranged a replacement. We then received an estimated bill for the last 12 months. This estimate was higher than previous years actual readings.
What rights do we have to challenge the estimate? Do we even have to pay the estimated usage charge if there is no way to accurately determine usage?
- All Categories
- 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 234K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.9K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards