MSE News: Chase makes changes to its popular current account for new and existing customers

Options
1235»

Comments

• StockportSaveree
    Options
    km1500 said:
    Yes that seems to cover it. I suspect the £500 in March requirement may trip some people up (you heard it here first)
    Haha, it's just caught me out!  I thought it would be OK for April as the scheme starts in April, so didn't expect to do anything in March.  Oh well, no cashback for me this month, will switch my spending to a different card
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Catplan said:
    I've just checked and have that same cashback offer with t&cs. I thought my current 1% cashback ended this month, but in the rewards section of the app it says end Apr.
    Yeah I got email today saying it’s extended until 1st April while they get new cashback ready, also 1% on current account starting in April, hardly ground breaking, but it’s a change. Max £15 a month cashback.
    Presumably you could make a £1500 debit card payment into Skipton BS to get the £15 each month. Worth a try!
    Its all down to the merchant code list for Mastercard payments 
    Building Societies won't count and there is also other payments that don't count
    Its mainly spending in supermarkets, petrol stations Amazon
  • 35har1old
    Options
    km1500 said:
    Yes that seems to cover it. I suspect the £500 in March requirement may trip some people up (you heard it here first)
    If you where getting £15 month  you where already funding the account in excess of the required £500
  • 35har1old
    Options
    gary1312 said:
    Still a very good value account, especially for people who can't/don't have cashback credit cards. I don't normally put £500 in but it's no hardship to increase that just to get the cashback. Seen some impressive sums that people have saved, my own cashback isn't at those top levels as I only use debit cards for larger purchases, but 1% off when you're buying a fridge or suchlike is always welcome.
    I agree its not a bad account but if you had a Nat West account  you might have got 5% of your fridge
  • AndyTh_2
    AndyTh_2 Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    35har1old said:
    km1500 said:
    If you where getting £15 month  you where already funding the account in excess of the required £500
    Perhaps funded though from the Chase Saver, which doesn't count towards the £500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure