MSE News: Chase makes changes to its popular current account for new and existing customers

Options
MSE_Gavin
MSE_Gavin Posts: 11 MSE Staff
First Anniversary
edited 17 February 2023 at 3:22PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Chase Bank has announced a shake-up to its popular current account. The move impacts both new signups, as well as Chase's existing 1 million UK customers. Below we explain what's changing and how Chase now compares with other accounts. 

Read the full story here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/02/chase-cashback-changes/

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    New offer in my Chase account today. 

1% Cashback for a year from 1st March with £500 a month pay in. Transfers need to be paid into the current account as internal transfers will not count.

Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • PloughmansLunch
    Options
    That’s interesting - had your previous 1% offer expired?
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,899 Forumite
    Options
    That’s interesting - had your previous 1% offer expired?
    No, it doesn't expire until end of March
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • piker57
    Options
    New offer in my Chase account today. 

1% Cashback for a year from 1st March with £500 a month pay in. Transfers need to be paid into the current account as internal transfers will not count.

Thanks for sharing. I’ve not received that message, but my first 12 months doesn’t end until April. It would appear that £500 deposit per month was the most popular response customers gave in the recent survey.
  • TwiceNightly
    Options
    It's down in the rewards section for me, I didn't get an email or popup or anything like that.

My current 1% was also extended until April.
  • northwalesd
    Options
    I've just checked and have that same cashback offer with t&cs. I thought my current 1% cashback ended this month, but in the rewards section of the app it says end Apr.
  • Band7
    Band7 Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Could a Mod please merge this thread with the existing Chase thread
  • Catplan
    Catplan Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    I've just checked and have that same cashback offer with t&cs. I thought my current 1% cashback ended this month, but in the rewards section of the app it says end Apr.
    Yeah I got email today saying it’s extended until 1st April while they get new cashback ready, also 1% on current account starting in April, hardly ground breaking, but it’s a change. Max £15 a month cashback.
  • MonkeySaving?
    Options
    Catplan said:
    Yeah I got email today saying it’s extended until 1st April while they get new cashback ready, also 1% on current account starting in April, hardly ground breaking, but it’s a change. Max £15 a month cashback.
    Presumably you could make a £1500 debit card payment into Skipton BS to get the £15 each month. Worth a try!
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Catplan said:
    Presumably you could make a £1500 debit card payment into Skipton BS to get the £15 each month. Worth a try!
    Don't think that would work as one of the exclusion is

• Account and prepaid card funding
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport