TSB Spend & Save - now only 20 debit card transactions needed per month for £5

WillPS
WillPS Posts: 3,431 Forumite
Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 1 February 2023 at 1:58PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Quick reminder that you'll need to make 2 manual debit card payments this month if you use the '£1 a day topup' method to satisfy the Spend & Save [Plus] £5 conditions.
You can do a manual Amazon account top up (£1 twice) to cover this off, or just use the debit card in any way
It might be neccessary to put one through in May too because of the bank holiday on May 29th.

You now only need 20 transactions per month as flagged up below, so no need to worry.

Comments

• From February you only need 20 DC payments per month to get the fiver.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,431 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    From February you only need 20 DC payments per month to get the fiver.

Good spot, I'd completely missed that. Never need to worry about the timing of the end of the month again!
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 2 February 2023 at 2:34PM
    Only on accounts opened at time of new switching incentive per telephone conversation this morning

Update just received email confirming reduction to 20 DC payments  
  • k_man said:
    35har1old said:
    Only on accounts opened at time of new switching incentive per telephone conversation this morning
    The T&C's don't explicitly state this only applies to accounts opened after the change, and reads more like a general change. So this may have a case of misinterpretation by telephone support staff.

https://www.tsb.co.uk/current-account-cashback-termsandconditions.pdf

From February 2023 we have reduced the number of debit card payments needed to earn cashback from 
    30 to 20 each month. You’ll see this change in the terms and conditions below.

We will find out how they are actually applying this in a month or so!
    Just had emails

Great news, it’s now easier to earn £5 cashback with your debit card every month.

From the 1 February, we're reducing the number of debit card payments you need to make from 30 to just 20 a month to help you get a little something back from using your Spend & Save Plus account.

• Earn £5 cashback every month, including the month you opened your account when you make 20 or more debit card payments each calendar month*.
  • AmityNeon
    AmityNeon Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    35har1old said:
    I also received an email confirming this change for my longstanding Spend & Save account. Yet another case of human error from frontline support staff.
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    AmityNeon said:
    35har1old said:
    I also received an email confirming this change for my longstanding Spend & Save account. Yet another case of human error from frontline support staff.
    Just received email this morning 

We’ve made things easier.

Person using contactless

Great news, it’s now even easier to earn £5 cashback with your debit card every month.

From the 1 February, we're reducing the number of debit card payments you need to make from 30 to just 20 a month to help you get a little something back from using your Spend & Save account.

• Earn £5 cashback for the first six months, including the month you opened your account when you make 20 or more debit card payments each calendar month*.
  • Bojax
    Bojax Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Excuse me, but what is the "£1 a day topup method" mentioned?
  • Zaul22
    Zaul22 Posts: 325 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I think it's using Plum to pay money into your saving account with your debit card rather than transfer.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Bojax said:
    Excuse me, but what is the "£1 a day topup method" mentioned?

I've set an Amazon account to auto-topup my gift card balance £1 daily. I spend over £30 a month on the platform - so that works for me.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback