We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Parking Charge Leased Car
Comments
-
DCB legal sent me an email today to say they were going to continue with the claim and attached their questionnaire which I saw said they want the case read on the papers.
How long until I receive the questionnaire? Assume it will be sent through the post? I’m not sure when they actually got served with my defence but I submitted it 27th Jan.
Honestly I was hoping they may discontinue based on my defence. Is there still a chance they may discontinue but closer to the hearing date once it’s scheduled?
Thanks
0 -
Your claim history on MCOL will tell you when your DQ is being posted out to you so check it weekly in March.
But do not use the paper version. Download it instead, as we keep saying on thread after thread. No scanning pages.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2 -
DCB Legal emailed yesterday to say they were continuing with the claim. They said to call if I was willing to settle and they attached their questionnaire which showed they wanted this read on the papers.
When will I get the questionnaire in the post? I submitted my defence 27th Jan and I think they were served with it 3rd Feb.
I was hoping they would discontinue based on my defence. Is there still a chance that could happen even if it’s close to the court date once we have a date?
Thanks
0 -
Usual practice for DCB Legal is to discontinue before they have to pay the hearing fee
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations#latest
3 -
"I was hoping they would discontinue based on my defence"
What on earth made you think that? Never happens! Why not click on and read any of the 780+ links in @Umkomaas' DCB Legal Discontinuances thread.
We assumed you had, and should already be prepared and know when it happens.
🙂
Sounds like you also need to re-read the first 8 steps in the Template Defence thread. You sound surprised. But you are merely on step 2 or 3 and that letter/email from DCB Legal is what you should have been expecting.
We don't need to offer any advice now. No questions about ehat to expect, nothing about the N180 or Mediation either. It's all covered already.
It's easy: all downhill from here and we are waiting to see you posting here again in the Summer when you get a court hearing date v Bank Park and then (of course) your DCB Legal Notice of Discontinuance follows, which we need to see to count on the thread!
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD4 -
I had my mediation call this morning. DCB Legal offered £200 dropped from the £288 original cost. I refused and then the call was over very quickly. Surprisingly I then got another call half an hour later with an offer of £120 which I didn’t accept either.
Just wondered if this was the usual experience for others?
Thanks
1 -
Yep, standard procedure and shows they are ready to discontinue.
4 -
I received my letter with a court date for November a few days ago and today I have received an email from DCB Legal asking me to contact them as they are willing to make an offer.
Am I obliged to speak to them to demonstrate willing to the court or can I ignore?
Thanks
0 -
Safe to ignore, or have a bit of fun replying robustly, telling their client to read the CMA's Open Letter from last month, get their consumer protection law house in order, and discontinue this claim sharpish or you'll claim your costs for unreasonable conduct.
You won't have that hearing. Bank Park & DCB Legal combo = discontinuance.
We are waiting to see that NoD!
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1 -
Just to report I received my letter of discontinuance today from DCB Legal
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

