Isa and savings advice

Hello I'm have money to invest jointly with my wife. I would like some advice. Would it be better to jointly put £40,000 in the isa and another £40,000 into a savings account to get the best tax free return ? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you 

Replies

• edited 8 February at 12:44PM
    AlbermarleAlbermarle Forumite
    16.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 8 February at 12:44PM
    ndp123 said:
    Hello I'm have money to invest jointly with my wife. I would like some advice. Would it be better to jointly put £40,000 in the isa and another £40,000 into a savings account to get the best tax free return ? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you 
    Some of the general comments in the above post  are fine, but be aware it is spam trying to get you to link to their blog. [NOTE FROM FORUM TEAM: POST ABOVE HAS NOW BEEN DELETED]

The reality is that knowing so little about you and your circumstances, it is very difficult to give any sort of personalised answer to your question.
    For example .
    Your age?
    Are you working?
    Mortgage or other debts ?
    Pension provision
    Have you any knowledge of investing and saving ( two different things ) ?
    Etc Etc
  • Reed_RichardsReed_Richards Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's impossible to answer the question without knowing more about your circumstances.  But I would comment that you can each put £20,000 into an ISA now and then from 6th April onwards each put another £20,000 into an ISA and that would be your entire £80k entirely free from tax.
    Reed