Does Barclays allow change from annual to monthly interest

Options
I have just opened the Barclays 1 year fixed ISA at 4%.

I have opened an account but clicked on the annual interest but prefer the monthly interest.

Does anyone know if they will allow me to change it to monthly instead of at maturity?

Thanks 

Comments

• Stargunner
    Stargunner Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 25 January 2023 at 8:40AM
    Options
    You would probably need to contact them and ask them, because  you select your choice at the point of application.
    Are uou aware of the following if you go for the monthly interest.
    Monthly interest can't be paid back into this ISA or directly into any other ISA or bond. It can be paid into a Barclays account in your name or held jointly with someone else, or we'll send it to you by cheque
  • london21
    london21 Posts: 2,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You would probably need to contact them and ask them, because  you select your choice at the point of application.
    Are uou aware of the following if you go for the monthly interest.
    Monthly interest can't be paid back into this ISA or directly into any other ISA or bond. It can be paid into a Barclays account in your name or held jointly with someone else, or we'll send it to you by cheque

I contacted them this morning and they have sad to call back after 9am the team that can amend it will be opened.

It motivates me more to see the monthly interest going into my account than lump sum at the end of the 1 year.

Thanks for the info, I do have other accounts with Barclays so the interest can be paid there.

thanks 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure