🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Marina boat electric supplies from a meter

Options
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me.  I have a small boat in a marina and have a connection of electric via a shared meter.  It seems that the landlord of the marina was undercharging us on the electric, this was relayed to us.  We had been paying 16p for kw via a meter and each meter deducts 25p for the daily charge.  The landlord has now realised that the electric has gone up and wacked it up to 84p a kw.  Does anyone know if she can do that.  I had a look on line and commercial electric seems to be around 50p kw.  The other problem is we share the supply with up to 3 others via the meter and if they don't contribute any money you are paying for them too.  This weekend I spent £32 as I had a small electric heater (under kw) and a light on, but  I am probably paying for the other two that were also hooked up this weekend.  Although they claimed they had put money in too. Where do we stand with this legally as I thought she was only able to charge at the rate she was paying.  When it didnt cost too much I wasn't worried about others using the supply at the same time but now its very costly for a weekend.
Thanks for any help on where I stand legally.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport