🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Who uses Lebara as their main provider?

Options
2»

Comments

• DexternDoid
    Options
    I was notified by Lebara email in May that Wifi calling was available but the option was not available. I enquired and was told that there was an issue with Google phones and they were working with Google to sort it out.  I tried again today and received the same message - five months on.  MSE NEEDS TO HIGHLIGHT THIS ON THE SIM RECOMMENDATIONS AT THE STATEMENT THAT LEBARA HAS WIFI AVAILABLE IS UNTRUE IF YOU OWN A GOOGLE PIXEL.  
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 October 2023 at 9:09PM
    Options
    Try the method below it might work for you.
    It certainly did for me.

in Settings-> Network & Internet -> SIM cards, move the slider to the left to disable the SIM
    in the Phone app, where you'd normally enter a number to call someone enter *#*#4636#*#*
    you should then get a menu, select Phone Information
    the page displayed should have a Wi-Fi calling provisioned slider part way down which you can move to the right to enable
    go back to Settings-> Network & Internet -> SIM cards and re-enable the SIM
    use the *#*#4636#*#* code again to look in Phone Information to see if the Wi-Fi calling provisioned slider is still to the right. If it is, then you probably have wi-fi calling enabled.

I find I have to follow these steps each time after an Android update as that re-sets Wi-Fi calling provisioned to off.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure