IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Heathrow Drop Off PCN - Driver (at & until Drop Off T2) Lives Abroad

2»

Comments

• I agree with Grizebeck.

Why on earth are you choosing to tick that you were not the driver?  It's not what we advise anywhere.

Not saying who was driving is not the same as denying driving.

Really appreciate these replies, and thanks to Coupon-mad and Grizebeck for saving me from that error.
    The reason I thought to select that option on the online form was because B789's template text earlier in this thread above says 'I was not the driver' in its second sentence.
    But I will instead selected 'other' on the appeal form and use B789's text.
    (Also apologies to KeithP for not starting this as a new thread. I'll know next time)
  • 95Rollers
    95Rollers Posts: 803
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That is a really good direct response 👏   Could that also be applied to a pcn issued on Railway land as that's covered by Railway byelaws?  A brilliant punchy no nonsense response.
  • B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    95Rollers said:
    Could that also be applied to a pcn issued on Railway land as that's covered by Railway byelaws?
    I’m no legal expert but I would use the exact same response to any PCN from APCOA or any other PPC for parking on land covered by bylaws. Unless you are issued a Penalty Charge Notice under bylaws rather than a Parking Charge Notice then it’s a no-brainer. 

As far as I’m aware, a Penalty Charge Notice cannot be issued by a PPC and only by the landowner where the bylaws apply and if it ever went to court it wouldn’t be in the small claims court but in front of magistrates. However, in cases like this, you can usually string it out beyond 6 months, after which it is dead.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,107
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    On Railway land, APCOA issue Penalty Charge Notices.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 95Rollers
    95Rollers Posts: 803
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    On Railway land, APCOA issue Penalty Charge Notices.
    Ah I see. Cheers 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure