IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Heathrow Drop Off PCN - Driver (at & until Drop Off T2) Lives Abroad

I am the Registered Keeper. My son drove my car with me as the passenger and I slept most of the way. I was waking up as we arrived at T2 drop off Heathrow and he got out and I took over driving and left. MY SON LIVES ABROAD. I did not see any signs about paying later. I received the PCN yesterday. My question: should I a) provide my son's name and address abroad (USA), or b) use the standard appeal as the Registered Keeper ?

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,081
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I would say if he was genuinely driving (insured to drive the car would be good evidence later in the process if required) then you use the tear-off slip at the bottom of the PCN to transfer liability and send that back to the PPC; you will need to provide a real address overseas.
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,694
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The above is good
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yep.  That will win.  No need to name the driver.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for the above suggested way forward. I will use it. There is no 'tear off slip' but I guess I should use the appeal route and the on-line address on the reverse of the PCN, ie : 'heathrowdropoffpcnpayments.acpo.com' and wait until near the 28th day as advised elsewhere.. Much appreciated. 
  • Grizebeck
    Forumite
    No dont wait no need. Not relevant here
    Jusy log it now
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • I'm in the same situation (although Heathrow T3 rather than T2). The option 'I was not the driver at the time of the alleged contravention' on the online appeal form won't complete unless I enter at least 5 characters in each of the name, address and postcode fields under 'drivers details'. Am I OK to put 'unknown' in each of these?
    Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,306
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 January 2023 at 9:10PM
    I'm in the same situation (although Heathrow T3 rather than T2). The option 'I was not the driver at the time of the alleged contravention' on the online appeal form won't complete unless I enter at least 5 characters in each of the name, address and postcode fields under 'drivers details'. Am I OK to put 'unknown' in each of these?
    Thanks
    Please @Randomly_assigned, can I ask that if you have any further questions, you start a new discussion about your incident?
    It's just that trying to deal with two incidents by two different people in the one discussion inevitably leads to confusion.  
  • Grizebeck
    Forumite
    No you dont put that!!
    . Dont select i was not the driver on that particular  form . Any other option then do a standard " get lost apoca" appeal 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 17 January 2023 at 9:00PM
    I agree with Grizebeck.

Why on earth are you choosing to tick that you were not the driver?  It's not what we advise anywhere.

Not saying who was driving is not the same as denying driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback