2»

Comments

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 January 2023 at 9:36PM
    sheramber said:
    Julia94 said:
    The fact that other advisories were mentioned (you haven't told us what) suggests that an inspection was carried out.
    Why would they advise tyres but ignore the potential cause of wear, yet flag up other unrelated issues, it seems unlikely to me....
    Springs snap, it's one of those things, if it happened several months ago, did you not notice that the car's driving characteristics had changed?
    It's a bit of a leap for the RAC to say that it happened more than two months ago - how could they possibly know?
    advisories are only to change tyres. 
    but you said  which is passed with a few advisories such as both back tyres are wants changing,

Tyres are one advisory.
    Each tyre will be an advisory on its own as it will identify if it is front or read an near side or offside.

If it was only one spring that has snapped then why would both tyres be moving side to side rally badly? Sounds like a roadside assistance operator just making comments and generalisations.

Unlikely you will have any way to prove that it was a fault that was missed at the MOT.

An unfortunate accident. Hopefully no more damage than a new set of springs, tyre and wheel rim.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Julia94 said:
    Nearlyold said:
    I presume the RAC mean a rear shock spring has snapped. What is the Accident you had? 
    he said it suspension and both tyres are moving from side to side really bad
    From op
    >called RAC and they have said that suspension is broken and covered in rust and there is no way that car would passed an MOT as its been snapped for a while and been rubbing the tyre from the inside! <

So did this RAC person have the car off the ground?
    Life in the slow lane
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pinkshoes said:
    Julia94 said:
    Hi all,

2 months ago i have had an MOT, which is passed with a few advisories such as both back tyres are wants changing,

the guy who did an mot (by mistake done a service for my car as well)

after that I haven't been driving car for a week,

one day decided to drive this car and all faults start coming out, the air conditioner hasn't been working properly, a month after the tyre just blow up while i was driving and on another tyre the wires comes thru,

called RAC and they have said that suspension is broken and covered in rust and there is no way that car would passed an MOT as its been snapped for a while and been rubbing the tyre from the inside! 

is there any chance to prove it that its been a dodgy MOT and because of it i had a car accident? 
    If you had broken suspension then the garage would have failed it on the MOT and then had the opportunity to make money in parts/labour fixing it. It would not be in the garage's best interest to pass a car with snapped suspension. 

It's likely a pothole caused the suspension to snap and led to the tyre bursting. It's easily done.

MOTs don't check aircon. 

What do you mean by "The wires come thru"?

I'm guessing the cords are exposed, so incredibly worn down
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2023 at 8:35AM
    Julia94 said:
     is there any chance to prove it that its been a dodgy MOT and because of it i had a car accident? 
    What accident did you have? if you've had an accident there's every chance something has moved/broken during the accident, so something with some rust covering it could looked like it had been corroding for some time and broken but had just snapped and then simply been put down to that by the exterior rust if someone doing a brief inspection at the roadside. 

You seem to have been aware of any issues with your car (parked outside garages and they notice this and that) so why didn't you get the things they noticed resolved or get a second opinion after the mot didn't highlight them?
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2023 at 10:00AM
    Broken spring causing both rear tyres to rub, one has worn through the other has worn through to the wires on a sidewall? Presumably driven for a while with damage if other garages have spotted the misplaced wheels. What car is it?
    Car with a beam axle, one part fails leaving both tyres out of place and rubbing?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback