Did anyone here transfer an ISA to AJ Bell between August & end of November 2022?

Options
I transferred my S&S ISA to AJ Bell last November under a scheme which offered gift vouchers depending on the value of the funds being transferred - as I recall it was £100 worth of vouchers per £25k transferred - up to a maximum limit.  The scheme was withdrawn at the beginning of December, just after I initiated the transfer.

I have just been in contact with AJ Bell.  They have agreed to supply the vouchers; however they have not agreed to pay my previous providers transfer fees [which amount to £100].  They are saying that it was an either/or type offer where you could choose between having the vouchers or your fees paid.  However, my strong recollection is that under the terms of the scheme [which was set out in bullet points], AJ Bell offered both gift vouchers and repayment of transfer fees.

Can anyone help? [As the offer has been superseded, the terms of the offer are no longer accessible from the AJ Bell website].

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    http://web.archive.org/web/20221117142813/https://www.ajbell.co.uk/our-services/special-offers is an archived copy of their offer listings as at 17 November, which implies that there were multiple separate offers (one with vouchers, another with fees covered), but the offer pages themselves don't seem to be archived, so it doesn't seem possible to locate the detailed terms to identify whether it was possible to use more than one on a given transfer....
  • atigger
    atigger Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks very much for your reply.

I have found the following on the yourmoney.com website :

Last chance: The investment firms paying up to £1,200 to new customers - Your Money

This gives more details of the offers in question.  The first is the gift voucher offer which applies to ISAs only; the second is the more general one which applies to transfers in excess of £20k.

As my transfer was an ISA of over £20k, it should have qualified for both schemes.  I read the original AJ Bell document carefully and don't recall that there was any information suggesting that benefiting for one precluded me from benefiting from the other.  I will take it up with AJ Bell and ask them to clarify.  Many thanks for your help.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback