Follow the Yellow Brick Road 2023

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I like the look of this site I just found: Make Money Without a Job.  Haven't looked into it in depth so will have a good review of it tomorrow.  From an initial glance it looks good and even has a section on the Trading Allowance.  I think one thing I need to do is check with work if I need to report to them that I have other earnings.
    Thanks for this. I shall explore this along with you.

KK
    As at 15.04.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £253,994, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 19 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 17th May)
    Produce tracker: £25.45 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to look yet Kajikita but will do once I feel better.

I bought a couple of holiday items from v1nted, and was still able to cash out over £40.  I now have another £20 to cash out pending delivery.  One thing about prioritising selling stuff is that it distracts from buying.  So I'm also managing to keep the credit card spending under control this month.  The points are useful, but want to be sure they aren't encouraging spends so will review over the next couple of months.

I watched Our Welsh Chapel Dream the other day, episodes 1 and 2 were a great watch.  Really heartwarming, can't wait for the follow ups.  
    Mortgage 31May est. £183,500 £244,947, Ends Jan'38 Jun'39 (target Feb'31)
    H2B Loan Est: £75k (accord to NW) - saved for Jun25 so far £15

EF £6,325; Personal savings (PBs/ISA new car fund): £2200
    Check Seven Goals Regularly; Work-life balance.
    Celebrate being 60; Be 'Good Enough'
    Books Read: stuck on no.6 in 2024
  • SandyShores
    Options
    V1nted balance now £29, it was slightly more but I found a nice summer hat I'm hoping will work for my holiday.  Its been a good selling week, great feeling to be getting rid of clutter and useful to have the  ££££s this month.  Another three items are hung on the back of the bedroom door ready to list.  The FLeAbay sales have been dire though, so some work needed on those. 

It was definitely an outside kind of weekend.  We did a few jobs around the garden and it was so lovely in the sunshine.  Found an old packet of sunflower seeds, the use by date was last year, but I had some pots and compost so have taken a chance.

I used up an old opened box of plant food, if its going to rain it might as well get washed into the soil.  Hasn't rained yet, so I've watered it in a bit.  Then of course a trip to the garden centre was needed so I took some old pots and bags for recycling.  In 'exchange' I bought a few container plants to put into a ceramic pot that's been empty since I planted its contents into the garden.  Looks really lovely - very pleased.

I also sorted out a carrier bag of gardening bits that was shoved in a box, and I've got to say that the garage looks tidier already.  I need to keep up the momentum now.  DH is an absolute pain for putting things back in the wrong place, if everything is tidy and has a place it will be much easier to keep him in check.

In the craft room I sorted out the various boxes of pens, pencils etc. into one pile.  There are a lot!  I've a plan for a temporary place to store them all but its going to be clutter jenga while I free that place up.  I also had another furniture move around and its all now in its 'home'.  It may all be back where it was before - whoops - but at least I'm sure of the arrangement now.  We're in a good place to start sorting/decluttering/hanging things on the walls.

When I sat down to watch Antiques Roadshow last night, it was with an aching back, aching feet and just plain tired, but very satisfied.

• SandyShores
    edited 17 May at 10:15PM
    Options
    I've had a bit of a restless night, finally got up to find the cat had left a mouse present on the bedroom floor.  Feeling awake now!  So have just completed the Asd@ order for pick up over the weekend - it seems to get more expensive every week.

A few other things to sort are:
    - update our wills (free service through work)
    - purchase some undies from M&S
    - buy holiday sandals
    - diy store to buy a bag of sharp sand for MrShores done
    - book the car in for its MOT and service
    - contact the builder re. a crack in the render
    - other holiday related stuff
    - sort the spreadsheet for next month

There's also garden related stuff but I'm taking that off the list as a nice to have e.g. a new rose.  I did say I would only buy cheap plants in future but there's a specific rose I have my eye on.  I'm really pleased with how the garden is looking, its taken four years (and a lot of plants lost) to get it into some kind of shape - it just needs to grow now.  I'm still considering digging a bed towards the bottom centre of the garden, but I need to plan out what plants will look best there and what kind of shape it should be. 

Right I might try and grab another hour or two sleep if I can.

• SandyShores
    Options
    A few other things to sort are:
    - update our wills (free service through work)
    - purchase some undies from M&S
    - buy holiday sandals
    - diy store to buy a bag of sharp sand for MrShores done
    - book the car in for its MOT and service
    - contact the builder re. a crack in the render
    - other holiday related stuff
    - sort the spreadsheet for next month
    - buy the rose
    Whoops, added the new rose to the to do list.  Its an early flowerer, so I feel like I should give it the best chance for next year by planting as early as possible.  I'm delaying the actual purchase until after the cc statement received mid-week and I'll definitely leave the new bed creation until summer hols.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport