Sender has not paid sufficient postage

Options
Ebay parcel, free postage, item less than £7. Royal mail will not deliver unless I pay £2.50

What do poeple advise please? Royal mail will return to sender after 18 days starting 22 Dec.
I am not a cat (But my friend is)

Comments

• SuzeQStan
    SuzeQStan Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Photogenic
    edited 29 December 2022 at 9:33PM
    Options
    Get in touch with your seller and tell
    them to refund you by the underpaid postage. Then you can pay and receive your item.

if they refuse to do this then allow the item to go back to the seller - open the did not receive (DNR) case and rightly claim that it did not arrive with yourself. (Due to the seller not paying sufficient postage.)

or if they refuse to refund and you still want the item then pay the postage and chalk it up to bad luck. And don’t buy from the seller again and consider making mention of what happened on their feedback to protect other buyers.
    Lancashire
    PV 5.04kWp 
    🐙 Go

Mortgage freedom January 2024 - paid off 7 years early by making overpayments where we could.

• TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Agree with @SuzeQStan contact the seller and advise them.
    Send a photo of any correspondence asking for the amount (so the seller can't accuse you of trying to scam them).
    It is an 'item not received' case as you haven't received the item.
    I would be polite though in case it is genuine human error.
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think with the reference number on the card you were given by RM, there is an option to pay online.  If it is a genuine mistake, a sensible seller would pay the bill after you email a photo.
  • Olinda99
    Olinda99 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The simplest way for the seller to pay you back is by them doing a partial refund.
  • Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately I'm Awaiting 3 ebay parcels and have no idea which one it is yet. Hopefully 2 will arrive soon so i can do something.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Alter_ego said:
    Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately I'm Awaiting 3 ebay parcels and have no idea which one it is yet. Hopefully 2 will arrive soon so i can do something.
    Hi, how did Royal Mail contact you?

Just to say please be careful as there's that scam going around where people are sent a text that looks very genuine.People click on the link and then their bank account is drained. I'd definitely not click on a link or pay anyone anything without first contacting the seller, since you weren't supposed to be paying any postage anyway. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wait till you get the parcels or not, this does look like a scam. I get this type of request from time to time and because I know I don't have a parcel due it goes in the bin. 
  • Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Options
    Royal mail delivered a card, so I think it's genuine
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Options
    Alter_ego said:
    Royal mail delivered a card, so I think it's genuine
    Is there a tracking number on the card RM put through your door?  If so it should show where the packet was received which should suggest which of the three possibilities this is (unless they were all sent from the same area).  You can then send a message to the relevant seller.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback