We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2023 Fashion on the Ration Challenge

1…1314161819…133

Comments

  • skogar
    skogar Posts: 610
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Starting off the year with plans for my capsule wardrobe. I now have some good navy basics but could do with adding a few more things. I have made a list of what I am looking for and will try and stay on track. Trying to tie in some knitting projects to fill some of the accessories gaps. Wondering about a navy hat, mittens / wrist warmers (not enough confidence for gloves) and perhaps a scarf. The other thing I am tempted by is making some boot cuffs. I have some navy ankle boots but no navy socks and some boot cuffs would coordinate better I think and would be quick to make. I am not sure I have any navy wool (why?) apart from some I bought to do a jumper which I haven't dared start yet. Will have a look in my little stash but may need to order some.

    Pip and Laura - do you have any suggestions for nice boot cuffs please?
    2026 Fashion on the Ration - 58.5/92.5 coupons remaining
    1 pair walking shoes - 5 coupons
    2 walking t-shirts - 8 coupons
    2 prs walking socks - thin, short - 2 coupons
    4 prs WYS wool ankle socks - 8 coupons
    21 pairs of pants
    total 44 coupons
    36.6 coupons carried over from 2025
  • I know Laura, I was ridiculously happy for hours :smiley:
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 2,062
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    2026 Fashion on the ration
    Anorak = 11 coupons... total 11 used/66
    Light anorak = 9 coupons...total used 20/66
    3 t-shirts = 12 coupons...32/66
    Sandals = 5 coupons...37/66 used
  • Late joiner here.
    Tried last year but gave up, so determined to do it this year.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.