Flight delayed and PCR test

My flight was delayed by 24 hours and now my 72 hour PCR test will be invalid. I am travelling from Bangkok to Tokyo via Kuala lumpar. It was my connecting flight that had the delay. Advice appreciated. 

Comments

• For entry into Japan there is no longer a requirement to have a COVID-19 test before you fly as long as you are triple-vaccinated.

You will need to show a valid certificate confirming at least three of 
    the approved COVID-19  vaccinations .

If you are not triple vaccinated you will need to get re-tested before the flight. 
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,013 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    andyeyeam said:
    My flight was delayed by 24 hours and now my 72 hour PCR test will be invalid. I am travelling from Bangkok to Tokyo via Kuala lumpar. It was my connecting flight that had the delay. Advice appreciated. 
    If you're saying that you have had an extra 24 hours added to your time in KL en route, then you can presumably arrange a test there if it's actually necessary?
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    andyeyeam said:
    Advice in what capacity?  EU legislation predates Covid so doesnt list medical tests as an area for compensation. For more practical considerations, most airports still have same day Covid testing if you still need a valid cert.

Had a similar issue in 2020 but when I spoke to the airline the advisor explicitly said they'd reimburse a new test so the claim was originally rejected as not a covered expense but on complaint was upheld because of being told they'd reimburse. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback