PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2023 Grocery Challenge

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• SausageDogSandwich
    Options
    Had a few more spends here, 7,55 at coop yesterday getting bits for my daughter as she was poorly again and husband spent 1.25 at work on muscle spray. 
    Declaring at £196.42/250 spent. Will put the couple of pound towards a bottle of wine and the £50 to my daughters party in march! 
  • barole
    barole Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Well, I came in at £187.41. So I make that £12.59 under budget

But I thought that as I had so much left after Christmas it would be lower, but hey ho.

what have I learned.....
     the fewer times I go to the supermarket the less I spend.
    And, it can take some effort to chase down really marked down YS items.

NSD achieved 22. Now on to February.
    Barole

Trying to live within my means:j
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    I will read back on the thread in a minute, but I came in at £108, and some pennies of £120. However, in my head I like to try and get it to a £100.

Bear in mind, there's generally only me, and it includes only food and drink items. Not cleaning, toiletries and pet food.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 6 February 2023 at 3:12PM
    Options
    The blueberries at almost gone, some of the condensed milk is in a fridge bake of 15s as are the cherries.
    Do you have the recipe for the 15s please? Have condensed milk in the cupboard, and I would be interested to try this.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure