*sigh* this is still taking a while, but moving forward (slowly!)

Options

Comments

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I can join you with the weekly weigh in, I have quite a bit more than 14Ib to shift!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • ohdearhowdidthathappen
    Options
    EH - I don't really have specific triggers, I can find any excuse for a glass of wine :D  Good day, bad day, a child being annoying/rude etc... I'm not interested in day drinking, it's mainly wine o'clock, cheeky glass of something to wind down at the end of the day.  I've found having a bath and then a hot chocolate has done the trick so far!

DAL - a weigh in buddy sounds good :)
    Debt - Car loan £19k. New savings goals: Emergency fund £1000/£1000, FFEF £200/£10000
  • ohdearhowdidthathappen
    Options
    Looking at our bank account there are a few things not budgeted:
    • £27 huge pack of razors for DH (he shaves his head and this will last him all year)
    • £10 alcohol free beer for DH (technically could be covered under grocery budget as that'll be lower this month!)
    • £33 donation to a shopping trip for DD2 (she's very low maintenance and it was nice to see her out with her friends)
    We have personal spends budget of £150 each a month, I was looking at what I spend mine on and it's mainly makeup, face creams (as I'm getting older they're getting pricier!), perfume, nights out with friends, weekends away with friends.
    I have quite a stash of beauty products now and my mission is now to only spend when I need to replace an item, not 'just because'. 
    I don't actually spend much on clothes and I would like to start spending my allowance on this plus keeping up with the odd nice meal out or weekend away with friends.
    Debt - Car loan £19k. New savings goals: Emergency fund £1000/£1000, FFEF £200/£10000
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 January 2023 at 4:24PM
    Options
    I need to start working on using some of my toiletries stash - it's not makeup and face creams so much as things like body butters - mostly that I've been given as gifts. I need to get one out to pop in the bathroom to help to obscure the slightly shonky area of mosaic tiles mind you so maybe I should actually use it rather than just leave it sitting there as house-dressing ready for viewings! :lol: 

A little devil's advocate however - if you pay for your personal care items from your personal spends budget, how come Mr OhSh's razors aren't paid for from his?! (I know, I'm a trouble-maker - sorreeee!)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • ohdearhowdidthathappen
    Options
    Body butters.... and B@yliss & H@rding kits seem to multiply in our house :D 

I pay for my haircut/highlights out of our joint account and he's never commented, so the razors are a bargain :D:D 

We've put away the car keys for the second car and we're going to see how many times we have to use it over the next month or so, it's part of my quest to prove to DH we don't need it.  He knows really, he's just in denial as it would be his small car that would have to go.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Would be a huge achievement if you manage it. 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That all sounds doable. 
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @ohdearhowdidthathappen we went down to 1 car a year ago.  However, my DH is over 60 so has a very useful free bus pass. We do also both work from home and like walking.  Is your DH really on board with clearing debt as 25k is one h*ll of a sum! Could you even get a much smaller runaround or is it the running costs you're thinking of? Loving your diary Humdinger xx
  • ohdearhowdidthathappen
    Options
    Would be a huge achievement if you manage it. 
    It would... although we seem to be better at planning than doing :D 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback