🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ET case: Employer has not released all documents in disclosure.. what to do? HELP!

Options

Comments

• LeedsGirl94
    Options
    I had similar in my ET whereby not a single thing was produced that I hadn't already been copied in on; as enraging as it was, with discrimination you need to show a prima facie case and it is for the employer to then disprove it.

Your friend doesn't need every bit of evidence on earth, just enough pieces to suggest the overall picture. If they can find those pieces you can flip the non-disclosure on it's head and say XYZ show A and the respondents have failed to disclose anything to the contrary therefore we ask inferences to be drawn that A is true etc.
  • krusty101
    Options
    Make an application to the ET if you think they are withholding information. 
  • Bradden
    Bradden Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    krusty101 said:
    The problem is that the OP beleives  they should be provided this:

(1) pay details for members of staff of different race/gender
    (2) work rosters of different race/gender
    (3) references this manager completed for other staff of different race/gender

I'm doubt the emloyer is obliged to give this information.
  • SChitmehard
    SChitmehard Posts: 106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 December 2022 at 11:22PM
    Options
    Bradden said:
    krusty101 said:

I read a previous ET case on pay discrimination and the employer was required to submit details. They did for a couple of employees but not for all/most of the employees that worked in the same post/job title and lost.

When you prepare a discrim case, you mention the poeple you are comparing yourself to to show a difference of treatment . Now if you can't get info (rota/pay/etc) how can you compare? Read the link about disclosure I put above. They are meant to release more info than if you have done a DPA request. But in my friends case, it's just his personnel file and that's pretty much it.
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,986 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bradden said:
    krusty101 said:

I read a previous ET case on pay discrimination and the employer was required to submit details. They did for a couple of employees but not for all/most of the employees that worked in the same post/job title and lost.

When you prepare a discrim case, you mention the poeple you are comparing yourself to to show a difference of treatment . Now if you can't get info (rota/pay/etc) how can you compare? Read the link about disclosure I put above. They are meant to release more info than if you have done a DPA request. But in my friends case, it's just his personnel file and that's pretty much it.
    Googling is not a substitute for hard knowledge of the actual process. Has your friend been in contact with ACAS, as suggested (repeatedly)?
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • SChitmehard
    SChitmehard Posts: 106 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 December 2022 at 12:44AM
    Options
    I had similar in my ET whereby not a single thing was produced that I hadn't already been copied in on; as enraging as it was, with discrimination you need to show a prima facie case and it is for the employer to then disprove it.

Your friend doesn't need every bit of evidence on earth, just enough pieces to suggest the overall picture. If they can find those pieces you can flip the non-disclosure on it's head and say XYZ show A and the respondents have failed to disclose anything to the contrary therefore we ask inferences to be drawn that A is true etc.
    Yeah, so I suppose their lack of disclosure could benefit my friend (by the judges inferring that employer is hiding info) on the other hand he needs the rotas/pay info to show the unfavorable treatment which they haven't released. This employer has previously been found guilty of race and sex discrim and in that case released too much info to the victim who was able to put a solid case together from they info the employer provided. I think now they release the minimum/near nothing to put obstacle in their way and prevent the person building a case against them

krusty101 said:

I think is is what I'll have to do and write out a list of documents that they should hand over

• 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 December 2022 at 1:17PM
    Options

Yeah, so I suppose their lack of disclosure could benefit my friend (by the judges inferring that employer is hiding info) on the other hand he needs the rotas/pay info to show the unfavorable treatment which they haven't released. This employer has previously been found guilty of race and sex discrim and in that case released too much info to the victim who was able to put a solid case together from they info the employer provided. I think now they release the minimum/near nothing to put obstacle in their way and prevent the person building a case against them

krusty101 said:

I think is is what I'll have to do and write out a list of documents that they should hand over

Not at all.  You shouldn't do anything unless you are the friend? Confused.... 
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • GingerTim
    GingerTim Posts: 2,066 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    74jax said:

krusty101 said:

Not at all.  You shouldn't do anything unless you are the friend? Confused.... 
    Sharp eyes!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport