Cancelled holiday

Tui cancelled my holiday to Mallorca in June this year, so assuming i was due compensation filled the claim form online waited for a reply and eventually got an email saying a case was open and should wait 56 days, well i'm still waiting. It seems impossible to speak to anyone apart from the sales team its so frustrating its like trying to get in touch with god. My son and his family were on the same flight same holiday and received £350 per passenger. Tui have now sent an email saying that our party are not entitled to anything. Anyone had similar issues, please help.

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Assuming you got a refund of the package holiday I don't think you are entitled to anything further.
    Claim compensation for flight delays and cancellations: free tool – MSE (moneysavingexpert.com)

If you booked seperate flight and hotel then you should get the compensation if it was a short notice cancellation.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Tui cancelled my holiday to Mallorca

[...]

My son and his family were on the same flight same holiday and received £350 per passenger. Tui have now sent an email saying that our party are not entitled to anything.
    Assuming you're attempting to claim for a cancelled flight rather than a cancelled holiday (although the former can sometimes lead to the latter if no reasonable alternative is available), what reason have they given for rejecting your claim?  What differences can you think of between your booking and your son's?  Was the cancelled flight with TUI's own airline rather than, say, Jet2?
  • Yes i did get a refund for my holiday, so did my son, but he still received compensation. By doing so surely Tui have set a president by giving compensation to one family but not another ?
  • Precedent.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Yes i did get a refund for my holiday, so did my son, but he still received compensation. By doing so surely Tui have set a president by giving compensation to one family but not another ?
    Still need more information. Did you both book as package holidays? How late was the cancellation? Were you offered alternative flight times?
  • diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    jon81uk said:
    Yes i did get a refund for my holiday, so did my son, but he still received compensation. By doing so surely Tui have set a president by giving compensation to one family but not another ?
    Still need more information. Did you both book as package holidays? How late was the cancellation? Were you offered alternative flight times?
    Hi

I agree, a bit more info is requird. Having said that every company is different and some are more hard work than others

Good luck either way

Thanks
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Tui cancelled my holiday to Mallorca in June this year
    Yes i did get a refund for my holiday
    What actually happened - did they contact you and simply say that your entire holiday was cancelled and that you were entitled to a full refund, or was there specifically a flight cancellation that resulted in the whole trip needing to be cancelled in the absence of obvious alternative flights?  What reasons were given?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback