We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Santander Boosts
Comments
-
Bump...
I recently used Santander Boosts cashback promotion to buy two separate products, and I have just been told my cashback has been declined for both. I feel I have been scammed into using their Santander card. Has anybody else had similar experiences?
0 -
Yes, it truly is a scam. I did a big Morrisons shop, and after several messages which had to lead to an investigation they told me I didn't use the membership portal link to start the shop... I did.
I was told you have to "Complete your purchase through a single sitting, without browsing other sites or search engines."
It seems they are tricking you into using the card and then making you jump through hoops to get the cashback. I will not be using my Santander card for any purchases whatsover going forward.0 -
Yes, not paid here, either. Not impressed.0
-
Wish I'd found this thread before wasting my time registering for Santander Boosts.
Utterly pointless. None of the offers were remotely interesting, and it seems to work in basically the same (unreliable) way as Quidco/TopCashBack. The vast majority of offers are for retailers I would never use, and even for retailers I do occasionally use the offers only applied to specific product ranges from those retailers.
The only one that could potentially have been useful to me was 5% off Toolstation, but it said "with a trade account" which I don't have - so would I get the discount anyway? And doesn't having a Trade Account give you the discount anyway?? What exactly is "Santander Boosts" adding?
As another example, I do buy stuff from Dunelm, so was excited to see Dunelm on the list. The offer? "Free delivery on orders over £85". Gee, thanks. Similar story for all the "interesting" retailers I clicked on. The actual offers are just useless.
The final straw was finding out that I can't paste a password into the login screen - it has to be typed manually.
I opted out approximately 10 minutes after opting in.
Total waste of time.
I was expecting something akin to Halifax's Cashback Extras, which are often genuinely useful and work reliably.0 -
The way I've found works with TopCashBack (so maybe will work here), is to use a trusted browser separate from your main one e.g. I use Firefox mostly but use Chrome for cashback. The second browser has limited addons (just an adblock) unlike the main one which has multiple addons e.g. to stop facebook tracking you etc
Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness:
People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.
0 -
I cannot find any way of contacting the Santander Boost department. I have two lots of Boost Rewards / Cash Back, that I have not received. The advertised phone number did not work so I phoned Santander. No one could help and I was being put through to another place, I was left on an automated hold for over 30 minutes and then a lady with a very hard to understand accent answered. She told me that she didn't know about Santander Boosts so would put me to someone else, I then spoke to another person who asked all the same questions then asked me to hold while he found someone else. Eventually I was told I needed to wait 120 days after purchase for "Reward". I told her the date my purchase was in January and as seven months had gone by I should have received it. She told me she would request the Rewards. I have still not received them!
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
