Erudio partial settlement

Lucy666
Lucy666 Posts: 9
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 13 January 2023 at 4:24PM in Student MoneySaving
Good morning!

I have received another of those partial settlement letters and I am considering paying because I am very close to the threshold and if I do get a pay rise next year then I will be over the threshold (but I may not get a pay rise!).

My question is - in the letter it says, in the FAQ section that they will not sell on the remaining part of the loan if I settle. Is that statement legally binding, with it being put in writing, or could they go back on this at any time in the future?

I am worried that if I partially settle and they do go back on this and sell the remaining part of the loan to another company then I have lost my rights to age related cancellation and the ability to defer. Could this happen?

If I don't partially settle, and end up over the threshold, then I wI'll end up paying back around £1k more than this settlement figure.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,297
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm assuming this you are getting close to the loan being wiped, hence they are sending you a reduced settlement figure.
    Ensure anything you're agreeing to is in writing and contains "In full and final settlement" This ensures they cannot come back later for the remainder.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback